LegacyGT.com

How to Align your headlights! if you don't know now you do.

MiniStiGuy

I still think that the bulb might not be totally flat and has an edge up based off the picture's you've allready provided.

The problem with some kits is the bulbs aren't cut enough so they don't go totally flush in even though it may not want to move more.

I really want to get your problem resolved and if I lived anywhere within hours I'd gladly come and do it in person. Another member you can contact is also Mr Luv because he has a ton of knowledge aswell.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so i tried to take that pic and i cant get it to come out on the pic no matter what mode i put it in.. the blue light is not as defined as your lookin for in comparasin to like your headlight? if it helps any the projection the passengerside is mich larger and clearer than on the problem driver side headlight... what exactly would this mean?

hey sti guy i did something tonight to see if it was the just the HID headlights or if it was maybe the housing or the lens inside the projector or whatever, and when i put the stock bulbs in i got the same projection pattern as the HID lights... therefore it isnt the HID kit, it has to be a physical problem with the actual housing!! ne ideas? im gunna call my dealership and basically say fix this now and hope they will even tho they knew i had an HID kit in there... i took it all out and made it look like it was never there, everything is back to stock, the only problem is there is no dust caps, will that be a problem? what is yer take is that a good idea?

maybe you had the bulb misalligned previously and you've managed to melt the headlamp bowl which would mean you need a new bowl to either swap in or if they will warranty you a new headlight that would be your best bet. The dust caps though might cause some concern for them if they aren't there. If they knew you had a HID kit in there they can deny replacing it also which would mean you then need a new headlamp on your cost.

well thats the thing, they do know that i had HID headlights in there. but i mean i could just say that i tried buying spare bulbs to put in to see if the original bulb was the problem and never put the dustcap back on... im freaking out cuz i dont have the money for a new headlight!! how much do they cost...??

$400+ from a dealer I believe.

here's what you can do.

take the car in without the driver side dust cap but have the passengers on. (unless you drilled holes in them which I always tell people not to)

but if you didn't drill holes then you can just have the driver side off and if they ask why its gone say the bulb burnt out and you replaced it but the driver side doesn't seem to let light out now.

damnit.... yea i drilled the holes, but im trying to see if i can find someone around here that has a subaru that i can borrow their dustcaps just for tomorrow... if not im gunna have to go with no caps... if thats the case and they bring up the HID kit im gunna talk to the service manager and be like look i had the stock lights in and they were truly not bright so i tried HID bulbs that i got and it still was thrown off so i put the stock ones back in... i need this fixed cuuz its a major problem... and should be under warranty? did i technically void any warranty???

well i just went to subaru and the guy that works there is a cock.. he was like u have aftermarket headlights in there, and they are not under warranty. i was like no i dont, so they looked and saw it was gone and he was like well you are still missing the dust caps, i said they were at my house, he was like well if you come back with the dust caps ill take the headlight apart put it back to spec and fix whats wrong for the charge of labor ie 45 bucks... so i called my uncle who has the same car, and asked if i could borrow his dustcaps friday when i have to go back with my car. so hopefully come friday at noon my headlights will finally be fixed. or even though he will put it back to spec will the problem not necessarily be fixed...

nvm i just called a different subaru dealership and they said they would be in monday fer me to pick up, so ill have ones that are stock when i need to bring my car in fer services and etc. and then ill have the 1s with my HID kit... wish me luck round 2 with the prick at subaru tomorrow at 11:30!

ok so i need an unbiased opinion... tomorrow i have an apt with a guy who i really dont trust, who is a major assh**e and is trying to screw me over. he knew i had HID in the car, and now is telling me he is going to charge me to take the headlight out and take it apart and put it back together. do u think i would have better luck taking my car to another dealership with a better repuatation whom doesnt no i had HID in the car. the only problem is he put it in the systemthat i had HID is that gunna transfer to the other dealership? or what would you do?

yea im gunna call and cancel the apt tomorrow morning... im gunna call the other dealership and be like im willing to drive out there for a straight forward help... im getting the run around at the dealership i bought the car at and frankly i dont trust the guys in the service part and i was refered to you for your great service from a family member.. im having trouble with my headlight then tell them the story, and be like can i get some help? anything you would add or not say?? i wanna do this right so they def help me and dont turn me down!! i wanna make a good impression!!