LegacyGT.com

How to Align your headlights! if you don't know now you do.

MiniStiGuy

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
How do you align the hi beams. I have Toshiba HIR bulbs and they are next to useless since they light up the sky not the road. They project much much further; I would like them to in fact overlap with my low beams.

• 2 weeks later...
I can't get any motion out of my head lamps. I turn the screw one way and nothing happens. If I turn it the other way, nothing happens. I can't see shit at night, so tomorrow morning I am just going to take my car to the dealership and tell them to fix it.

• 2 weeks later...
I installed those MSI (I think) springs. I'm dropped about an inch all round. Question: how far should I raise ( adjust) my headlights to compensate? 1/2 turn? 1/4 turn? I know, I know, I should do the wall-measuring thing, but until all this snow melts it's not gonna happen. Just need a quick temporary fix. What would you guesstimate? Both screws? One? TIA.

LOL. Damn, Mini, you're killin' me here. I think I need a little more throw. The immediate front road is brightly lit, but the distance (say 3-4 car lengths) is dim. Or maybe I'm out-driving my lights! I tend to do that. BTW, I'm using 65w rallye and 55w yellow fogs, which I can't even see because the heads are shooting down so close.

I installed those MSI (I think) springs. I'm dropped about an inch all round. Question: how far should I raise ( adjust) my headlights to compensate? 1/2 turn? 1/4 turn? I know, I know, I should do the wall-measuring thing, but until all this snow melts it's not gonna happen. Just need a quick temporary fix. What would you guesstimate? Both screws? One? TIA.

Find an indoor parkade.

• 2 months later...
Hello I'm new at this, I have recently change my bulbs on my 2010 legacy although I was able to find the vertical adjustment, but my question is there a horizontal alignment on this model? If so where do I find it?

Thanks

I wouldn't mess with your horizontal adjustment unless you have a good reason to.

• 1 month later...

best way to adjust these with the lights in the car?

Just got a replacement TYC set fully custom with halos and blacked out housing and driving home tonight I was lighting up interstate signs like a christmas tree, and when driving over bridges the concrete divider, the cut off was clearly angled upwards.