LegacyGT.com

About the 2.5i model and the GT model

do their exteriors look the exact same? it's just that the GT model has a more powerful engine, right? and also another question: are 17" wheels and white assembly headlights available for the 2.5i model? and also, is the hood scoop (the hole on the hood) available on the 2.5i model?

The hood scoop is to draw air onto the intercooler for the turbo. Since the 2.5i doesn't have a turbo, it doesn't need a hoodscoop. If you really felt like it, I'm sure you could do a hood swap. Likewise you could trade up on the tires and the mirrors. If by "white assembly headlights" you mean the clear turn indicators, those will not be available on any USDM model. However you can do the "bake mod" if orange bugs you that much. On another note, why bother? By the time you're done with all that, you're halfway to buying the GT already. Why not just get the real thing? The 2.5i is for the cost conscious. If you're into modding, you should mod the GT and not the pretender. Just my 2 cents.

[quote name='kage']The hood scoop is to draw air onto the intercooler for the turbo. Since the 2.5i doesn't have a turbo, it doesn't need a hoodscoop. If you really felt like it, I'm sure you could do a hood swap. Likewise you could trade up on the tires and the mirrors. If by "white assembly headlights" you mean the clear turn indicators, those will not be available on any USDM model. However you can do the "bake mod" if orange bugs you that much. On another note, why bother? By the time you're done with all that, you're halfway to buying the GT already. Why not just get the real thing? The 2.5i is for the cost conscious. If you're into modding, you should mod the GT and not the pretender. Just my 2 cents.[/quote] what do you mean by a "bake mod"? but yeah, the GT model is just expensive....can't afford that much.

KAGE SAID: Likewise you could trade up on the tires and the mirrors. If by "white assembly headlights" you mean the clear turn indicators, those will not be available on any USDM model. However you can do the "bake mod" if orange bugs you that much. Whhhhaaaaaaaaaat?! We don't get the ... Oh never mind I thought you meant mirror mounted turn indicators. I should read more carefully. -Allen

Archived