LegacyGT.com

Do YOU have Trans. Problems/Failure

G.T.Subie

Trying to get an idea of how many people have transmission issues. My LGT is currently in the shop for a bearing in the transmission that may cost ME $1200 to fix if SOA doesn't cover it, do to the UP/DP.

I have seen a lot of threads about AT failure and MT problems and people getting the warranty on STG2 cars. I just don't understand why one dealer will do the work and another won't, it's just stupid.

Well let me know what issues you have and what type of trans.

Denial is your best friend

Trying to get an idea of how many people have transmission issues. My LGT is currently in the shop for a bearing in the transmission that may cost ME $1200 to fix if SOA doesn't cover it, do to the UP/DP.

I have seen a lot of threads about AT failure and MT problems and people getting the warranty on STG2 cars. I just don't understand why one dealer will do the work and another won't, it's just stupid.

Well let me know what issues you have and what type of trans.

What does the UP/DP have to do with Tranny failure? This is just ridiculous...

Have you tried on another dealership? More mod friendly?

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, mA

Then why would a bearing go and not the clutch or a gear?

I just want to know why it went bad. They can't answer even answer that .

I was just giving the dealer answer. I think you're getting the shaft. Not because they're sticking you with the bill, but because others with the same mods have had their problems covered under warranty.

ignore him, he'll go away.

I was just giving the dealer answer. I think you're getting the shaft. Not because they're sticking you with the bill, but because others with the same mods have had their problems covered under warranty.

THATS WHAT IS REALLY BOTHERING ME, OTHERS ARE GETTING THE WARRANTY.

GT...did the dealer actually mention the UP/DP may cause an issue getting the work done under warrantee? Or are you just worried it might come up?

Good luck.

They told me that the UP/Dp adds horse power so it could be a problem. I am waiting for the SOA rep to show up.

It's getting frustrated because my car is just sitting there and I have to call them to get answers. The SOA Rep was supposed to show up today but I never got call . The car was dropped off at 8:30 Wednesday morning and it took them until 4:30 on Friday to tell me what the problem was and what I may have to pay.

I didn't take anything off because there are plenty of people here getting warranties with UP/DP installed.

Well good for me then:icon_bigg . They told me it was a show of good faith and a 1 time deal.

So basically you're screwed if it happens again.

This is why you keep all your stock parts and swap them out when going to the dealer. Pain in the ass? Yes. Worth it monetarily? That's up to you. It would be to me (especially if I was only stage 2).

Yep. My transmission was getting tighter and tighter to shift with. Dealership denied my warranty for UP/DP. Of course, I also had stuttering, hesitation, electrical issues, weight distribution issues. Got a half hour for me to rant on how much I hated the 2005 LGT MT?

My solution was to dump the Legacy and switch to Mazda.

The 2005 Subaru LGT MT line is trash, avoid it. Now the LGT Auto I am happy with and will let my wife keep hers.

^ You just got a bad car. My car is fine. First manual I have ever driven...so I wouldn't say that I drove it "correctly" right away. If it can take the "mistakes" I have made, then its good in my book. 10k miles on stg2 later everything is tip top. The only issues is the fact that the passenger side is slightly higher than the driver side. According to others on the forum...this is within tolerances and other experience it too. I'll probably get the iONs checked out when its time for the 30 k.

So basically you're screwed if it happens again.

This is why you keep all your stock parts and swap them out when going to the dealer. Pain in the ass? Yes. Worth it monetarily? That's up to you. It would be to me (especially if I was only stage 2).

Not really an option for me. Ther were plenty of other LGT's going to dealers and getting work coverd by SOA with STG 2 parts.

If it happpens again I am going to a different dealer that is more MOD firendly.

The symptoms were a whining/humming coming from the shifter. It got louder the higher the speed. Shifting was fine and driving was normal it was just a noise.

A bearing in the trans had gone bad but they don't know why, ther are a couple other members with the same problem. I assume that is the reason they fixed it.

Yep. My transmission was getting tighter and tighter to shift with. Dealership denied my warranty for UP/DP. Of course, I also had stuttering, hesitation, electrical issues, weight distribution issues. Got a half hour for me to rant on how much I hated the 2005 LGT MT?

My solution was to dump the Legacy and switch to Mazda.

The 2005 Subaru LGT MT line is trash, avoid it. Now the LGT Auto I am happy with and will let my wife keep hers.

There are plenty of AT blowing up don't you worry:lol:

2005 5EAT trouble at 48k miles. The sports shifter mode kicks the CEL and throws three codes. So far they have no idea what is causing the problem. They have replaced the TCU, throttle body, a bunch of relays and sensors, and went through all the wiring. I think the bill for the warranty work is well over 10k now. After talking to the shop manager (only master tech for subaru there) i dont think replacing the whole tranny will fix it, and with a cost of almost 7k i dont think they want to gamble too much. I am currently waiting for a decision to be made on what they want to do about it. Tranny always has and still does work right, just throws a fit when using sports mode.

:dm: 2007 DGM LGT :dm:

:icon_twis 2003 Suzuki SV650S :icon_twis

Archived