LegacyGT.com

Death of an outback

ridestreet84

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll talk to Phil and see what he says. I plan on upgrading to Kevin's 07 STI turbo once they figure out what to do with it (AP) and also he swaps it out. eventually, i want to go VF37 twinscroll.... ;) so i doubt i'll be going back to stock unless i blow up the turbo. that's the only thing i gotta worry about (aside from tranny).
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

LOL. well, I promised it to Justin already. he has first dibs. and if it were sooner and they had a tune for it, i'd let Jay have it first. but no such luck. he's got a bullseye on his car! :(

Thats terrible that you lost her, but thats awesome at how well it held up. It looks all cosmetic, and then of course the engine seizing sucks, but thats probably any car upside down.

Are you in the La Crosse area? What salvage yard did you take it to? I need a set of rear taillights among other things. PM me if you get a chance.

Do you think that will buff out?. Damn OB, the center of gravity was too high

Dan

yeah i have a theory that had alot to do with it actually cuz instead of bouncing the rear end off the snow bank it went up it and cause the roll . thats why im not too upset about it being totalled getting something lower but still a subie cant wait for it

Sorry to hear about the car.

For anyone to argue about the 8 layer pillars, trackless window, etc. What a joke. The trackless window puts the beef on the frame where it is needed. Tracked windows are nothing more than a band-aid to low tolerance body panel fitment. The last time I checked, only <100,000 german cars has stiffer frames. I used to work at a Subaru stealership, and we put a Volvo Cross Country against every model on our lot climbing a steep wet grass hill. The highest we got on the hill with the Volvo was BACKWARDS (we all know the weight bias isnt as good as a Subaru) with traction control and still only advanced halfway to the top. Their AWD systems are inferior. Every Subaru model- even open diff ones made it without any slippage whatsoever. ANYONE WHO ARGUES THAT 8 PIECES OF METAL WITH A FRIGGIN CARBIDE ROD DOWN THE CENTER ISNT A SUPERIOR DESIGN NEEDS TO NOT ONLY REALIZE THIS TYPE OF METALLURGY IS ABOVE THEM, BUT NEEDS TO GET OVER THE FACT THAT VOLVO ISNT THE SAFE CAR IT WAS SINCE FERD TOOK OVER.... Too bad- so sad- I actually do like Volvos. But I like the engineering behind a Subaru and the less status symbol brand image.

If any Volvo nuts would like to argue engineering, Ill humiliate them like a knife wielder in a gunfight.

yeah doors opened fine but someone from the outside let me out couldnt figure out how to get out when i was straped to my seat and upside down

ya, hubby and nix_evo had to combine effort to figure out how to pull you out. you were a bit dazed and confused! :lol:

12 mph? Turbo must have engaged.

This is in regards to a kid on Nasioc. He was hot dogging through a neighborhood at 80+ and ended up going through someones house. His defense was that he was going 12mph when all of a sudden the turbo kicked in full. This was the second time he drove into someone's house.

It was the greatest burn in internet history.

Archived