LegacyGT.com

5EAT / 4EAT Auto Shift Improvement

My 05 GT

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
agreed...and speaking of which, dont u have to drop the whole tranny just to get to that part?

Looks like you can get away with dropping the transmission fluid pan, and you'll have access to it there. might as well put new gaskets and seals in everything while you're at it, i've seen the complete gasket sets for the 5EATs for ~$100.

Mike

SoCal Duck Hunters Club - Unit 52

No you don't have to drop the tranny. The valvebody is in side the pan on the bottom of the tranny.

Drain fluid, remove pan, remove connectors, remove valvebody. But you must remember to keep the area CLEAN!!! I mean like a surgeon.

Also remember that there is fliud between the V.B. and trans case. The best way is to remove all of the bolts except one. Then as you remove the last one slowly the fluid will drain into your catch pan.

I used to do this to TH350, and TH400 tranny's But I didn't have to send the V.B. out, B&M makes kits for shift improvements.

Unfortunately, no one wants to let go of their secrets with our tranny's. A bunch of B.S. if you ask me.

so, they ARE they doing TCU recalibrations?

I was just thinking of how to trick the TCU into jacking line pressure through signal interception.

anyone know where the pressure sensor is?

Now we're talking. Sorry, I don't. But good thinking.

The cost is $545, but I'm hoping to see if we can get a discount.

Secondly, I know of a guy who had them do work for him on his subie, and he'll take on any MT'er who wants to play!!!

They modify the line pressure, and factory solonoid's as well as other items with in the valvebody. I didn't ask if they reprogram the TCU, but this shop has its roots in NHRA drag racing! I'm going to get this done as soon as I have the green backs.

We need more info, or else this seems like a scam...

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

• 3 weeks later...
so, are there more people doing this?? I know I have my car scheduled next weekend to get the valvebodies out and send them on their way to IPT. However, the price they quoted me was $650 so I can have it done the same day and sent back out. I guess I gotta pay $100 more for the Priority turn around. :( Oh well, it's worth it imo, gotta have my car back up and running ASAP!
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

so, they ARE they doing TCU recalibrations?

I was just thinking of how to trick the TCU into jacking line pressure through signal interception.

anyone know where the pressure sensor is?

Found this...

Modified Pressure Control Solenoid

http://www.importperformancetrans.com/images/inventory/nissan_sol1.jpg

IPT Modified Pressure Control Solenoid Assembly for Subaru Transmissions provides firmer shifts and improved transmission durability due to increased line pressure rise in response to throttle opening. Please call for special pricing when purchasing with a modified valve body. Price: $249

ImportPerformanceTrans.com

+1

Could you install just that solenoid, or is the valvebody and solenoid recommended? Only reason I ask is because I thought the vb helped firm up shifts and improve some durability. Yet this mod is 250?

He told me I need to do both. You have to reinforce the Valve body. He did tell me the TCU was a little different, and didn't think i needed that at the moment.

Just curious, with these mods make the car substantially faster with the crisp and fast shifts?

For instance a fully modded vf40 that normally runs 13.4 (1/4 mile), with these mods could it be cut to a consistent low 13 or dare I say 12.9(with perfect launch and weather)

Just curious, with these mods make the car substantially faster with the crisp and fast shifts?

For instance a fully modded vf40 that normally runs 13.4 (1/4 mile), with these mods could it be cut to a consistent low 13 or dare I say 12.9(with perfect launch and weather)

you are talking 5mt numbers there. i believe there was someone on here w/ stock turbo that ran a 12.8 ET

Archived