LegacyGT.com

5EAT / 4EAT Auto Shift Improvement

My 05 GT

Hey Guy's and Gal's chime in here if you want to know what I found out for us

who are searching for better shifting for our cars!!!

I hope this will generate enough interest that I can go to a shop I found for a

group discount. :icon_mrgr

P.S. this will make the 5MTers take notice:lol: :icon_bigg

Jim

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I found a shop who can recalibrate the valvebody to make the shifts quick and positive.

By the way, I also found out the TCU is located in the trans Valvebody!!!

Can you do a bit more explaining here? Have you had this done? I'm not sure how much interest your going to generate with such little elaboration on what is done, how much it costs, etc.

The cost is $545, but I'm hoping to see if we can get a discount.

Secondly, I know of a guy who had them do work for him on his subie, and he'll take on any MT'er who wants to play!!!

They modify the line pressure, and factory solonoid's as well as other items with in the valvebody. I didn't ask if they reprogram the TCU, but this shop has its roots in NHRA drag racing! I'm going to get this done as soon as I have the green backs.

There is a stillen upgrade I saw I think its 500-600. It is for the titan and other nissan/infiniti's (same tranny as us). It has to do with the valve body. Would crisper shifts, and quicker shifts make the tranny last longer?

Here's what he says:

"ANYONE looking for DRAMATIC performance increase with the stock Subaru...It is AMAZING how the car is transformed!..."

- Scoobie STI (Ct.) @ NASOIC

I'm guessing he's talking about IPT. Read IPT's testimonials here http://www.importperformancetrans.com/testimonials.shtml.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Yes I am.

If you guys would have clicked on the link I provided earlier, it wouldn't have seemed so shady.

Scoobie STI (Ct.) @ NASOIC

I called John at IPT and the price I said earlier was a few dollars off. Valvebody mod $575. If we get 5 or more he'll make it $525 not much of a discount, but money is money.

Sorry I could have stopped this but I was at work.

Jim

Archived