LegacyGT.com

GENERAL REFERENCE (Terms, Model Codes, etc)

Looked around and found a sick pic of a 1998 Subaru legacy 250T. checked around and have yet to find a decent page detailing the models and different versions of our overseas counterpart/ Japan, AU, NZ, EUR. Any ideas? any places?

http://liveimages.carsales.com.au/private/carpoint/4229072.jpg

I am planning on making my 98 Piece into this :) Just wish I had some more info on the history and other specs etc (going with the EJ20 and not the TwinT)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Hey guys new to the forum i hve a question; my Dad and we checking my car the other day (05 LGT) and realized that my brakes needed to be replaced and he feels that going to the Subaru dealer is the best way to go. However, i feel that that is going to cost me alot of money where i dont see y i could just install the brake pads. Should i do it myself or listen to my father and go to the dealer??

Hey guys new to the forum i hve a question; my Dad and we checking my car the other day (05 LGT) and realized that my brakes needed to be replaced and he feels that going to the Subaru dealer is the best way to go. However, i feel that that is going to cost me alot of money where i dont see y i could just install the brake pads. Should i do it myself or listen to my father and go to the dealer??
It depends on the dealership you plan on using. Normally I would say yes, use the dealer as they are trained to spot things that you might miss.. Also they will use a high temperature "lube" on the "sliders" on your calipers... Unfortunately some of these Subaru "stealerships" are total scum and will do unmentionable things to your car.

Also if you do the job yourself, or find a decent independent garage to do the work for you, you can pick out a high-quality aftermarket brake pad instead of using Subaru OEM pads. Subaru OEM pads are decent for a daily driver, although some people prefere a more abrasive pad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Color-----------------------LGT.com ------- SOA abbrev.------Numeric Code

Obsidian Black Pearl ---- OBP ------------- BLK -------------- 2J

So, if I need a part painted by the supplier, 2J is the code they need to match my paint?

Edited by juniorvarsity33
:spin:

• 3 weeks later...

I have a noob question.

I keep hearing people talking about how parts go on a uel but not a pzev legacy and i was wondering what is the difference between a uel and a pzev. Also how do i know which one is my car classified under?

• 4 weeks later...
Sorry if this question has been answered before, but I couldnt get the difference between BE5 and BE9. I did some research and it said that the BE9 is an NA 2.5 Liter engine. Is this correct? If so, whats the BE5 for?

I have a noob question.

I keep hearing people talking about how parts go on a uel but not a pzev legacy and i was wondering what is the difference between a uel and a pzev. Also how do i know which one is my car classified under?

Good question!

PZEV: partial zero emissions vehicle

-charcoal canister to trap evaporated fuel

-fuel injectors that close tighter to prevent fuel evaporating

-tighter mesh in cat convertor

-ecu programmed to get cat to temp quicker

-passes CARB and Canada's SULEV testing

I'm a total noob to owning a Subaru, just bought an 09 Legacy SE, and this may have been answered but what is the paint codes to the Deep Bronze Metallic. i haven't really seen anything about this color, does anyone else have this color?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
i've been on forums for years now but always american cars, mainly trucks...which we really dont use as much of this terminology that you guys do. like SOA....always read as spring over axle....not Subaru of America. so yeah this threads prob gonna prove helpful haha

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Sorry if this question has been answered before, but I couldnt get the difference between BE5 and BE9. I did some research and it said that the BE9 is an NA 2.5 Liter engine. Is this correct? If so, whats the BE5 for?

Bump this questions? BE9 vs. BE5???????