LegacyGT.com

93 BF Hood Replacement

[quote name='SUBE555']Should fit.[/quote]I think so too, but I would feel a little more comfortable if someone knew for sure. The squirterz look like they are in the right place and I can hope that the hinges are the same, not sure about the latch.

Aha, the proverbial need or want question. Have three ex-wives who liked to do that. Just kidding. Anyway, it's a want, styling and the price is pretty good. Besides I need an excuse to take a road trip to pick it up. I paid so little for the car and plan on keeping it. So who knows, may upgrade later.

It will not fit unless you replace the grille and headlights at least. Maybe the bumper, fenders, and sidemarkers as well. The cars were facelifted in 92 and a lot of front and rear body parts (rear on the sedan) were changed and are incompatible without a wholesale switchover (or worse for the sedan rear). I believe the hood was lengthened at the facelift. Steve

They are mostly the same. There was a face lift for the 92-94 US models. The headlights got thinner as welll as the grille and parking lights. The bumper is a little higher up I believe (although it could be an illusion), but it is definitely not the same as 90-91. The hood subsequently matches the rest of the redesigned front. The 90-91 has a more aggressive face to it. The face lift is roughly equivalent to the body changes that took place to the Impreza in 97. The back changed a little too, but that's a different story. Steve

There is enough evidence here to suggest that me bidding on this hood probably would be a waste of time if I wanted a direct replacement. I'll just wait till I find a USM Turbo hood. Thanks all. Besides I was not really looking forward to the drive to, of all places, Georgia.

Aha...that is the one, but I don't wanna spent that kind of money. The other one I was looking at was on eBay too. Besides, I'd have to go where yankees live and I don't want to have to deal with them. It's bad enough here in Florida right now and I have no patience left, tho....Free shipping with Buy It Now...hmmm.

i just noticed that you live in Sarasota, that's pretty cool, i go down there (mainly fruitville area) every summer and new years time, if i get my ej20 in by the time i go there in summer we could meet up and talk scooby :) otherwise... it would be in by the time i go down in winter

Thx SubySleeper for your input. Yes, I live on Clark about a mile from Siesta Key. Good place for oysters and beer at S.K.O.B. By then I'll have most of the thing's I'd like to have done to my Sube. The yankees are worse this year than ever. Hope they can afford the gas to go home....soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived