LegacyGT.com

test drove leggy gt and wrx wagon

Ive really been waivering back and forth between these two cars, i like them both about equally but was sort of leaning toward the wagon because i thought it would have alot of space. Wow, was i wrong, there is almost no leg room in the back of the wagon for rear passengers. my girlfriend was back there and she barely fit at 5'1 with my seat in my regular driving position (im 6'1). the steering feel was pretty good, way better than my crossfire, it was definately fast and the interior was nicer than past years. the thing was, you couldnt really feel the power.

i don't know what it was, but there wasn't any real punch, but i would look down and be at 60mph out of nowhere. the guy let me dump the clutch at 5k and take it up to 85 on a long stetch of road over here by irwindale. its about a mile long road, the guy says "look, a runway, punch it." anyway, the wagon sorta sucked and left me feeling really dissapointed.

So i work my way over to the leggy gt, really boreing looking outside and all that and my girlfriend was pretty "ehh, i don't know abou this car". So i take out the 5 speed, and as soon as i got in, DAMN :dm: that interior was so sexy, high quality materials. To tell you the truth i can't beleive they even sell wrx's in the numbers they do considered the leg gt was only 5k more. then i drive and jeebus, it pulled like a fu$%in freight train:icon_mrgr. as soon as it hit about 2700 rpm it just pinned my head to the seat. the guy who i test drove with had never taken one out before and he said "im going to have to drive this around when you guys leave" because he was as shocked as me.

the only thing that sucked about the car was the shifter. why is the shift knob attached to a yardstick? :icon_conf thats the longest shift throw i have ever experienced. other than that, the car was amazing, i loved it, im going to buy it when my lease is up, etc.

the leg gt i test drove had 200 miles on it and the wrx had 3, so maybe that explains the power differential, but the leg gt felt soooo much quicker and had way less body roll. legacy gt ftmfw:D

I'm not a "wagon" guy but I'd say the LGT wagon is THE sexiest wagon out there!!:wub: Even more sexy is the sleeper effect.:cool: The rex wagon is just the LGT wagon's fugly lil' step-sister.

lizard.

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

I'll second that!!!

I 3rd that. I traded in my '04 WRX 5mt wagon for my '05 LGT LTD 5mt wagon and I am much happier. It's much more refined and nicer. All that and it's still faster.

DSCF0002.JPG.761bc0611f226dfcd41a2664d41e5067.JPG

DSCF0006.JPG.52275cc45be54b5ab00cf8a4aed69c93.JPG

144944(1).thumb.JPG.3f732b4c38ffa8544c23fb9ae4da3ed5.JPG

145002(1).thumb.JPG.deaaeeda068abf9c37b7ae4b9c20b81e.JPG

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Katrboy short throw shifter is @ $100 and 20 min to install.:icon_bigg

20 MINUTES!!! you wanna help me do mine!?! it takes me that long to build up the courage to do it.. then 5 trips to home depot and it'll look like crap once i put everything back together..

yes.. i am mechanically challenged!!! :lol::lol::lol:

20 MINUTES!!! you wanna help me do mine!?! it takes me that long to build up the courage to do it.. then 5 trips to home depot and it'll look like crap once i put everything back together..

yes.. i am mechanically challenged!!! :lol::lol::lol:

OT- but yes, 20 mins.!! half of that 20 min is spent on the *&%$@-ing Snap-Ring!!:icon_mad:

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

Dude, im dissapointed in the sales guy. Unless he KNEW that Wagon was going to be a demo, he let u do a 5k clutch dump in it? Wow, ur not even suppose to do that in any AWD Transmission, unless u have PPG gearset.

That makes me sad, like seriously.

But LGT FTW. I went from a 12 sec 04 WRX to a 13 sec 06 LGT. 5EAT baby :)

OT- but yes, 20 mins.!! half of that 20 min is spent on the *&%$@-ing Snap-Ring!!:icon_mad:

whatever the case.. i bow down in discrace!! my dad worked on his cars all his life.. that gene never got passed down...

i can change the oil.. that's about it..

When I went with my ex-husband in September to look at the WRX wagon, the salesguy was seriously offended when ex said he didn't think it had that much power. The salesguy got so huffy and full of attitude we didn't go back (we had intended to test-drive more cars but got called away).

Ex bought an LGT elsewhere and I bought my LGT wagon last month. :D LOVE it.

I saw a WRX earlier this afternoon as I was driving around in vain trying to find some freakin' coffee - I was so happy to see someone else out today, but I dunno, maybe he was in a food coma or something because he was driving like 20 miles an hour and wasn't in my rearview mirror for very long. :p

-Coelli

whatever the case.. i bow down in discrace!! my dad worked on his cars all his life.. that gene never got passed down...

i can change the oil.. that's about it..

If you live near me I'll help you no Problem. I also have a dremel to trim the plate. PM me. That snap ring is a PITA.:lol:
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I must admit I have not driven any subaru newer than a 2004 wrx or my 2005 legacy, but one thing I noticed immediately was the difference in handling. The legacy stuck to the road MUCH better than the wrx. As for body roll, I can't remember, but I got coilovers anyway (and love them). And yea, insurance is much less b/c the insurance company doesn't automatically say "boy racer!"

I don't get why people keep comparing the Impreza to the Legacy. It's apples and oranges. One is a compact car and the other is a midsize car. You don't see people trying to decide between buying a Honda Civic or a Honda Accord.

Scotty, it may be apples to oranges in that sense, but look at it this way. You have 25-30 thousand dollars that you're willing to spend and you want a fast AWD vehicle with at least 225HP. How many choices are out there? WRX, LGT, and...?!?! I can't think of any other off the top of my head in that price range. Yes, they're different, but I think they do have a lot in common as well.

$25-30K with >225 hp, there are a few cars. LGT, MS-3, and MS-6. WRX is now rated at 224 hp, but if you are looking between 200-224 hp, there are a whole bunch of them now.

Obviously fast AWD and >225hp can't be the only factors in a decision. Mine was simply space. If I wanted a fast car, I would have gotten an STI. But creature comforts and space was more important than a faster car so Impreza's weren't even looked at.

$25-30K with >225 hp, there are a few cars. LGT, MS-3, and MS-6.

Wasn't aware those were AWD. Anyway, I'm not trying to argue, just saying there's different strokes for different folks. You don't know what they want and they don't necessarily know what you want. It's not so strange to compare the 2 cars...

Archived