LegacyGT.com

Why buy a GT? - for the boost factor only?

Where are you moving to? The only state I've seen with such a crazy law is Maryland.

What do you crazy law? To be able to buy beer or not to be able to buy beer?

I am not sure yet, But I may move down further south in the future. I have been researching and doing my homework as to where I will end up.

With all that said, If you can afford it and need a stress reliever, the GT is the way to go!

X

---

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What do you crazy law? To be able to buy beer or not to be able to buy beer?

I am not sure yet, But I may move down further south in the future. I have been researching and doing my homework as to where I will end up.

With all that said, If you can afford it and need a stress reliever, the GT is the way to go!

X

The law of not being able to buy alcohol anywhere except an alcohol store is the one I was referring to (also the only state I've seen without it in a gas station - other than dry counties around the bible belt of course... but those are county and not state laws).

If you go further south than North Carolina, be sure to hit the section of I-95 between Raliegh and Fayetteville. Every time I take that stretch of road there's always a speeding convoy doing about 50% more than you normally do.

Of course, in NC they can take your license away for doing more than 70 MPH when you speed and/or 15MPH over the speed limit. Take care :D

haha I forgot you still can drive really fast going down 2nd avenue from the 60's to where it ends and have a blast. and why go fast all by yourself and bored to death when you have 100 cabies playing along with you!

I don't care what anyone says, but you can't compare any other place in the USA to NYC for it's character and diversity of people. When I lived in Buffalo NY I hated how after a certain time everything closed and it was a ghost town.

Here if I need to go food shopping, or do anything else for that matter at 3 in the morning, you can bet something is going to be open somewhere.

When I move, that is going to be one of the things I will miss. Also being able to buy beer at the gas station! :)

X

The only place I have ever been where you couldn't buy beer in a gas station was Arkansas, and that was just in a dry county (no alcohol sales at all).

I could give a crap about character and diversity of people if it means I have to live in a noisy, smelly, overcrowded, overpriced, crime infested, large metro area. A population of about 150,000 is about all I want to mess with, smaller than that is better. I just moved to a small small town in South Dakota, in the southern Black Hills.

The physical beauty of the place is fairly impressive, the roads are well maintained and devoid of traffic (75 mph speed limit!), the town is clean and neat, and open spaces abound. To top it off I am only 40-45 minutes from Rapid City, which has anything I really need or want that I can't find locally. Hell in bad traffic it could take over 30 minutes to get across town in Springfield, MO where I moved from. How long does it take to get from one end of New York City to the other?

Big cites are a nice place to visit, but living there would be like living in a cage to me. I know you probably grew up in a large city, but if you ever get the chance move out west and live in a small town with wide open spaces and tell me you don't like it.

I have an se. I rode in a lgt. Interior was the same, ride felt the same. To say the se is "Cheap" is kinda funny, So its not a race car. Its still a nice car. Put a Gt hood on my car and 99% of people wouldn't know the dif. I guess a srt-4 is like a rolls royce cause it has a turbo?

I am happy with both of my legacys I drive the 2.5i through the week and the lgt on the weekends, I'm not downing anyone elses car, obviously if I own both I think they are both great cars, they just shouldn't be compared after you have already purchased the car you wanted. comparing is something you do to make a choice, like buying the one that suits you best. LGTs rock though!

Does anyone here have a 07 GT, I was just wondering how the brake feel was, I have driven an 05 GT and it was a bit squishy\soft. I wanted to know if the 07 was a bit better. I haven't driven an 07 GT but did drive an 07 2.5i se and the break feel was a lot firmer than the 05GT however point to note the 07 2.5i se was brand new.

Thanks

Also note that brake feel can be changed just by changing the pads, which is fairly cheap and most folks will do more it than once over the life of the vehicle anyway. Stock may be squishy, but it's also temporary. :)

Archived