LegacyGT.com

bent rim?

Mr Black legASSie 121

ok so it been snowing here lately and the roads have been really slippery. i was making a right hand turn onto my street and the car was completly sideways and both wheels hit the curb at the same time and i came to a stop. I was only going maybe 3-5 mph at most but all momentom was going sideways when i hit. oh and the curb i hit was rounded curb so no curb rash on the rims. ok so i didnt think much about it but then tonight i drove to pic up some dinner and when i hit about 55-60 mph i get a woble-hopping feeling, everything feels fine till then. i was just wondering if maybe i could have bent the rim or did i mess somthin up? my dad told me it might just be snow in the rim throwing the balance off? maybe im just trippen or is this going to be expensive?

yes and no. Where in Socal is it snowing? You may have knocked the wheels out of alighnment or worse case bent a rim. I just found out I have a bent rim on the rear from a pothole incident last week I was geting alot of shimmy starting at 70-80. Had the wheels rebalanced and the shimmy was gone BUT I still have to replace the wheel.

An alighnment is 100.00 wheel balance 40.00 or a new wheel 295.00. However, I just bought two used wheels for 125.00 each. Good luck

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

ok so it been snowing here lately and the roads have been really slippery. i was making a right hand turn onto my street and the car was completly sideways and both wheels hit the curb at the same time and i came to a stop. I was only going maybe 3-5 mph at most but all momentom was going sideways when i hit. oh and the curb i hit was rounded curb so no curb rash on the rims. ok so i didnt think much about it but then tonight i drove to pic up some dinner and when i hit about 55-60 mph i get a woble-hopping feeling, everything feels fine till then. i was just wondering if maybe i could have bent the rim or did i mess somthin up? my dad told me it might just be snow in the rim throwing the balance off? maybe im just trippen or is this going to be expensive?

I've done that before, only faster (in a different car though). I bent the control arm slightly. Get your alignment checked and inspect the rims (both inside and outside). If you don't see any damage your rim may just need to be rebalanced.

Archived