LegacyGT.com

Where to buy Used JDM Bilstein Take Offs?

asd913

Where to buy? What is a fair price? And do they ship to Canada?

Thanks in Advance

Where are you from, assuming somewhere in Canada?

I am from Winnipeg and have some Bilsteins that I may want to part with if I get coil-overs.

PM Unclemat, he is the guru for JDM suspensions..

I bought a set of JDM GT Bilsteins and springs from him 2 or so weeks ago and getting them installed tomorrow.

Depending on the milage you should expect to pay $700-900..

Talk with him about the different Revs.. From what I have read Rev. C seems to be preferred by most (Rev. A, B and C).

Morrisok

Dan is out of them, and doesn't know if he'll get more. I tried to buy some off of him the other day. Tokico's are out there for a good price, but they're exceptionally rare and you have to go pretty deep searching (so to speak). :lol:
now rocking the 2007 Mini Cooper S

To me it just doesnt make sense to pursue a spring and strut combo for the Legacy. Until Koni delivers, you are stuck paying through the nose for Bilsteins or "getting lucking" with Tokico's.

Why not just get a basic coilover like this ($1050)?

http://www.meganracing.com/products/product_detail.asp?prodid=478&catid=93

The only issue I have with these coilovers are that the only example of a Legacy I've seen using them was far too slammed for my taste. From what I hear though - it is adjustable nearly to stock height if you want it. Check around!

EDIT:

Here is a link to the sale ($950) and comments about ride height. The adjustible range is pretty encouraging. For that price I can't imaging spending on a seperate spring/strut arrangement.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43906

I had my struts and H Techs installed today (along with JDM front top hats) and I have to say they are almost day and night when comparing them to H Techs and Stock Struts.

Downside is that from what I understand is JDM struts (Bilstein or Tokiko, etc) pretty much require the JDM top hats (because USDM top hats strut stud is shorter) which requires either a JDM specific spring (JDM Pinks, JDM IONS or JDM Swifts, etc) or the front will be about an inch or more taller than the rears. We ended up cutting half a coil from the fronts of the H Techs to even them with the rears.

The ride is very supple with less body roll and squat than with the H Techs and Stockers. I am going to roll with these for a couple of months and then try a pair of JDM IONS or JDM Swifts.

I have had low priced coil overs (H&R) and Bilstein Sport/Eibach Sportline on a GTI and the coil overs needed a rebuild after a year and a half and I Bilsteins were great for 3 years until I sold the car.

I don’t AutoX or track my car and don’t want the car slammed so I don’t really have a need for the coil-overs and I have yet to have ANY problems with Bilsteins that I had on 4 VW's.

Vince at WorldOne has Tein Flex coil-overs on his 05 GT Wagon with 19's and the ride is surprisingly smooth and handles great.

if they are so good why don't sell them anymore? bosco

who knows. They stopped making them before the majority of us even knew they existed. A few shops (or one anyways) had imported a set for himself when they were only available in Japan. From what I've read, the remaining Japanese stock was shipped over here under a new part number and sold out relatively quickly.

ignore him, he'll go away.

Yes there is but it is in Japanese (there is a translator on the site that does a decent job) .

From what I have seen many of the sellers will not ship international. You would need a contact in Japan to buy local and ship to you or talk with Unclemat if your looking for Bilsteins... He hooked me up and I am very, very happy..

http://www.rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=http://list1.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/2084016850-category-leaf.html?alocale=0jp&mode=1

Archived