LegacyGT.com

STi Legacy Wheels?

Ispool4u

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The STi's had to make a change from 04 to 05 to get the 8" to fit.

If you're talking about an 8" width in general, that is incorrect. I used 18x8" Prodrive PFF7s and BBS REs on my '04 STi without altering anything.

-Mike-

17 = performance

18 = bling

:lol:

Are you sure about this now

bmw z4 M =18"

bmw m5&m6 =19"

CL 63 AMG mercedes =20"

C 55 AMG =18"

C6 z06 Corvette 18" fron 19" rear

CUSCO JGTC wrx STI = 18"

I can go on :icon_mrgr

Even the 05 STI had to change the inner fender to accept the 8" rim, so I went with the 7.5 because that's what the factory did in Japan with our cars. I don't want problems, or a goofy look.

I've had an 05 STi, and other WRX cars and wagons. The STi's had to make a change from 04 to 05 to get the 8" to fit.

Your call, your $$$. Do what you want!:)

The new STI's use a beefier hub assembly and goes to a more standard 5x114.3 that almost every other Japanese car uses (like the EVO), meaning wider selection of wheels.

Also, you can run 8.5" and even wider tires easily with the new hubs because they require less positive offset (i.e. the hub and suspension is tucked in a little further inward in the wheelwell).

Poser me up! :D

http://www.mcnproductions.com/lgt/exterior/lgt26.jpg

I have this weird cumpulsion where I like to have badges match both front and rear. This completes the look with "STi" logo on the front lip. ;)

-Mike-

SEXY. I see no flaws. That's exactly what I would want my badging to look like, along w/ the rear lip wing.

-David

Archived