LegacyGT.com

STi Legacy Wheels?

Ispool4u

I believe in doing both... ;)

-Mike-

+1

and i took that extra money that i would have spent on $1500 rims and used that extra money to pay for my STI swap. :) so cheaper nice looking rims + STI swap = :D

and i bought a house to put the car in with a 3rd garage for a workshop. all in all, i think i better spent that extra $1000 than on a set of wheels that i'd be worried about every single pothole, dip, curb, etc. bleh... if i screw up these rims, i'll just get new (cheaper) ones.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Although driving fast is a LOT more costly than looking nice. (in the long run)

Unless you're unlucky enough to get into accidents frequently, I agree. :)

and i bought a house to put the car in with a 3rd garage for a workshop.

I wish my house even had a 2-car garage! The Forester doesn't even fit completely on my driveway. :p The price to pay for living in a big/dense city...

-Mike-

It's $1,562 for the set, but expect to pay an additional $400-500 to have them shipped over from Japan.

-Mike-

Not So: We just shipped a set To Door in Florida and that added US$265.00 for Airfreight and delivery cost US side

Considering we give members of this Forum *at least* a 10% discount off our website pricing, I'd suggest the Math would look like this to most 48 States addresses:

1,562.00 a set of 4 LESS 10%:US$1,405.80

265.00 Airfreight To Door

US$1,670.00

We are only a PM away if you want to confirm and quote "how much and how soon"

These are the correct offset + PCD and are made for the JDM Legacy; no fitment issues. The centre caps will almost certainly *NOT* fit any other wheel

Graham Ware

Export Manager

Glad to hear that air freight isn't too bad, Graham. I was basing my estimate off of a quote from Prodrive USA when they screwed up my order for a set of GC-010Es a couple years back. It was either $400 to air freight them over from Japan, or wait another 3 months (on top of the 6 that I had already waited for). :p

-Mike-

wow. too bad those shipping quotes are WAY more for me in AK. :( usually it's some insane price! oh well.. but now i have a lead on some BBS sti rims. depending on how much, i may end up taking the leap and going for a set.... who knows. all costs money in the end.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Poser me up! :D

http://www.mcnproductions.com/lgt/exterior/lgt26.jpg

I have this weird cumpulsion where I like to have badges match both front and rear. This completes the look with "STi" logo on the front lip. ;)

-Mike-

I know what you mean... I do to. I am actually thinking of re-badging my car. STi Side logos, a OE red-over-black small 05+ STi badge in the grille, and Renick motorsports has a new CF STI badge that I think would look nice on the trunk lid, in the lower right corner (STI badge location on the WRX STI...)

http://www.renickmotorsports.com/oscommerce/catalog/images/STICFB.jpg

with "LEGACY" and "TURBO" on the left and right stock badge positions respectively. Maybe "LEGACY GT" left, and "2.5 TURBO" on the right. Maybe even painted in a black-chrome finish... if I could figure out how to do that and also maintain the letter template spacing.

As for the BBS wheels... I'd go with Forged RGRs long before importing the BBS Legacy STI wheels. The STI wheels are radial spoke, and I prefer the mesh style, and the RGRs are half an inch wider than the 7" wide BBS STI wheels. The center caps are the same... and I'd put real STI center caps in BBS RGRs. I am thinking of putting replica decals into my current or future summer aftermarket wheels anyway.

And once again, Mike... another photo of your car to drool over. VERY nice.

Poser me up! :D

http://www.mcnproductions.com/lgt/exterior/lgt26.jpg

I have this weird cumpulsion where I like to have badges match both front and rear. This completes the look with "STi" logo on the front lip. ;)

-Mike-

Its pretty hard to find any fault with your car. If anyone can get away with a rebadge I guess it would have to be you. Personally I wouldnt have done the badging but it does look great!

Well, I bought these wheels and the badge today. CaN'T WAIT!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250067697903&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=015

Also ordered an AVO 420 and IC....front aIr dam, and tires, Crucial DP

Already have the SPT power parts.

May be able to beat my new vette??

Awsome.....post some pictures when you get the wheels on.

shame?

:lol:

I don't think you get it.

For me it was a purely aesthetic reason. The back of the LGT just look cleaner with nothing on it. The USDM badging is way too busy.

In addition, removing badging makes the car standout less.

I got more questions when the badges were gone. So I tend to think it might stick out more when it is clean.I recently went from a totally clean look without any badges to a Legacy Spec B on the right and SUBARU AWD on the left.

IT looks great and balanced but I'm not too sure I like it better than the clean look. It all comes down to personal preference.

too much money for skinny wheels, imo. :)

most of the japanese wheel manufacturers have multiple brands, cheap, regular, and pricey with finishes and processes to match. enkei is no exception. they make some junky stuff and some really nice wheels.

I think 7.5" is a decent width for our AWD drive cars.

I agree.. It is a half inch wider than stadard SPEC B wheels.

I don't want to modify or roll my fender area so I'd rather have a wheel that ws fitted by the OEM to my car.

Guranteed fitment without any issues... hard for Subaru to give me a hard time if I use wheels they issued on one of their cars....

I don't want to modify or roll my fender area so I'd rather have a wheel that ws fitted by the OEM to my car.

Guranteed fitment without any issues... hard for Subaru to give me a hard time if I use wheels they issued on one of their cars....

Dream on. Anything that is not sold as an official accessory specifically for you MY car is an aftermarket even if it says "Subaru" on it. For that reason anything JDM is aftermarket and by far.

Even the 05 STI had to change the inner fender to accept the 8" rim, so I went with the 7.5 because that's what the factory did in Japan with our cars. I don't want problems, or a goofy look.

I've had an 05 STi, and other WRX cars and wagons. The STi's had to make a change from 04 to 05 to get the 8" to fit.

Your call, your $$$. Do what you want!:)

Dream on. Anything that is not sold as an official accessory specifically for you MY car is an aftermarket even if it says "Subaru" on it. For that reason anything JDM is aftermarket and by far.

Dream on.... ok...

I didn't say it would not be considered aftermarket...

I was simply stating I will have much less fitment issues going with a Rim that was equipped with a very similar vehicle than if I go off buying 10 wide rims from my local tire shop hoping they fit. I don't just want to slap on a set of rims from any store with any number of offset sand hope they fit.

The 17x8.5 Legacy STI rims are almost a guaranteed fitment....

that's all I was saying...

I love how everything we say in this forum is always so scrutinized..... thanks burning monkey..... I bow to your superior knowledge of JDM vs. USDM

Archived