LegacyGT.com

Found an 06 Spec B, looking for input/opinions

I've been e-stalking this '06 SpecB (#492) on autotrader.com:

http://beta.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?tracktype=usedcc&searchType=21&pageNumber=0&numResultsPerPage=50&largeNumResultsPerPage=0&sortorder=descending&sortfield=PRICE+descending&certifiedOnly=false&criteria=K-%7CE-%7CM-_45_%7CD-_410_%7CN-N%7CR-250%7CI-1%7CP-PRICE+descending%7CQ-descending%7CZ-89509&aff=national&paId=209239016&recnum=0&leadExists=true

It started out two weeks or more ago at $31,988, then dropped to 29,988, now its at 27,9xx. I plan on watching it until the end of January, beginning of February. If it's there, I see myself making an offer if the Carfax checks out (there are 6 records for this car, but I haven't followed thru with the carfax yet). Its in Monterey, so I could pretty easily go check it out during a parental visit to the bay.

I know the 07 has 6spd and a better rear axle, but I love the red leather interior and the non $35K price. Do you think I'd get laughed out of the dealer if they were still sitting on this 2/07 and I offered them $23,500 with a $5000 down? You guys got any better ideas if my 'offer' seems unrealistic? (short of waiting for the 08 to come out and getting in some real debt)

http://beta.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?tracktype=usedcc&searchType=21&pageNumber=0&numResultsPerPage=50&largeNumResultsPerPage=0&sortorder=descending&sortfield=PRICE+descending&certifiedOnly=false&criteria=K-%7CE-%7CM-_45_%7CD-_410_%7CN-N%7CR-250%7CI-1%7CP-PRICE+descending%7CQ-descending%7CZ-89509&aff=national&paId=209239016&recnum=0&leadExists=true

It started out two weeks or more ago at $31,988, then dropped to 29,988, now its at 27,9xx. I plan on watching it until the end of January, beginning of February. If it's there, I see myself making an offer if the Carfax checks out (there are 6 records for this car, but I haven't followed thru with the carfax yet). Its in Monterey, so I could pretty easily go check it out during a parental visit to the bay.

I know the 07 has 6spd and a better rear axle, but I love the red leather interior and the non $35K price. Do you think I'd get laughed out of the dealer if they were still sitting on this 2/07 and I offered them $23,500 with a $5000 down? You guys got any better ideas if my 'offer' seems unrealistic? (short of waiting for the 08 to come out and getting in some real debt)

So what if they laugh. Apparently they haven't been able to move the vehicle so an honest offer is better than no offer at all. The truth is that offering 23.5 might be a little low though. I'm sure they'll come back with a counter offer and you might be able to take the car home for 25-26k. I think that would be fair.

So what if they laugh. Apparently they haven't been able to move the vehicle so an honest offer is better than no offer at all. The truth is that offering 23.5 might be a little low though. I'm sure they'll come back with a counter offer and you might be able to take the car home for 25-26k. I think that would be fair.

True. I expected as much. I was a little put off by the starting price of $31K, I didn't think they were pulling prices like that in the market.

$23500 is a little unrealistic probably. if they still have the car after 90 days, they may just send it to the auction. We try not to keep anything really over 60 days in the used car dept.

we have one with 4700 miles for under $26k, but we sold it new and have sold that same guy several subies so we know exactly where the car has been, how it was driven, and the services done on it.

a dealer might get in pretty deep on a SPEC B trade because some dealers sold them at or over MSRP so they still might think a little more highly of them.

I couldnt find a SPEC B in the books so we just estimated his trade in value the best we could.

what they have in it could vary greatly depending on if they sold any when they were new and what they sold them for. I think we sold ours around or just under invoice.

Archived