LegacyGT.com

why no trd camrys on the east coast

when i was in cali i must have saw at least 5 or 6 trd camrys everytime i was on a free way.

i gotta say the car looks mean, 18's, lower suspension, bodykit, exhuast, large brakes (i think they were brembos), lip spoiler, and thats only the things i couls see! to help you guys get the idea it would be comparable to the spec b not just some stupid bolt on like a gt-x

Is it just a west coast thing that dealers buy all these trd parts and sell it as a different model? anyone seen this in the east?

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

According to the Toyota website, the Camry TRD does not exist. What you've seen is a Toyota Camry w/ TRD 18" rims which is an option. Besides that TRD has not developed anything for the Camry. The "body kit" is an option for the Camry.

All the cars were the same and they def had the trd body kit and rims, brembos, lower stance (different suspension), exhaust, and lip spoiler which is why i'm thinking some dealer in the malibu area is selling their own version.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

They're a great value and pretty quick, but sooner or later there will be too many moms and old people driving them

no way an old person would drive the cars i'm talking about or most moms for that matter.

they are agressive and sporty looking, 18s with small sidewalls, and they are all dropped in some manner (could just be springs)

they all looked oem, badged the same, rode nice, etc.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Whoever developed that acronym should be fired, and it should be retooled immediately.

Do you guys remember the movie "nothing to lose" starring tim robbins as Ad Exec "Nick Beam"?

NB: what's that?

ad writer: It's Zippy.

NB: What is 'Zippy'?

ad: he's a cookie man.

NB: and what is that behind him?

ad: chocolate chips... a trail of chocolate chips for all the boys and girls to...

NB: what does that look like?

other person: excrement.

NB: exactly. it looks like he is crapping all over the place... Let me put it this way: What is the LAST thing you want to think about when you are biting into a nice, soft chocolate chip cookie...

ad writer: *dejected* excrement...

NB: I think we want to avoid ANY and ALL bowel related activity with this product.

[/scene]

The same should apply to cars. Especially when the cars are nearly bowel related already, like the Camry Solara.

I saw a Camry Solara Sport Limited edition production version... or some overly long name. I laughed out loud, and then had to explain it to my wife. How pathetic.

The camry is ugly enough. the Solara is worse, not better. (and coupes are usually better looking. not this one)

Adding "TRD" to them is simultaneously oxy-moronic, and completely applicable.

Archived