LegacyGT.com

blinking cruise light, no CEL?

yoeddy20000

All,

I have a 05 outback XT with 24k miles, automatic. On Friday while driving on the highway with cruise on, the cruise light starts flashing but no CEL, and the cruise control was no longer opperative. No issues with the car while light was flashing. When I stopped to get gas, and got back in the car, light was no longer flashing, cruise worked fine. On Saturday, as I got in the car for the first time, the radio automatically lowered the volumn from 10 to 6, no blinking cruise, no cel.

Tonight (Sunday) again while on the highway, the cruise control light starts flashing, no CEL. No issues while driving.

Will a Subaru dealer be able to see what triggered the flashing cruise control light?

Thanks!

YO EDDY!

you have two problems, and the dealer.....if they are worth their salt, will be able to fix your issues, they will probably replace your radio unit, and either reprogram your ecm, or replace it. oh yeah, they will be able to see what the cruise problem is with the SDS.

I brought the car in, told the dealer what was going on. They hooked up to the car computer, there were no error codes or anything, so nothing for them to go on with that. They then drove the car, of course none of the problems happened, so of course they didnt do anything. However, I did get them to properly aim my headlights (under warranty). I thought the beams looked odd to me, and sure enough they were, left was too high, right was too low.

The car has been fine since, no blinking lights, no radio volume issues, hopefully it stays that way.

Archived