LegacyGT.com

Need to purhcase 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STI please help!

2006Specb122

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OH...and for those who may be in the same boat I will let you know how I finally converted him over. Perhaps you can use this with others in the same situation.

As most of you know the EVO and the STI are strong rivals.

Every article you read and test results you see show the cars are very close to one another. I don't know how accurate my information was but basically it went something like this.....

(please no flaming from EVO fans)

I used the classic... hey bro do you really want to buy a car from a company that makes T.V.'s and VCR's. I know it's harsh but I'm desparate here.

I also made two points which I thought were accurate.

I told him Subaru has been making AWD vehicles and Turbo Engines for years and they have much more experience with those two elements than Mitsubishi does with their Lancer models.

Also I pointed out that Consumer reports picked the entier Subaru line up as consumer's reccomended pick while mistu did not fair as well.

All good points...he was still favoring the EVO for its looks and style.

Thanks again.

Like Rommel said...if he's into modding...EVO wins Hands down...

Interior is whatever...but i could care less for the STI's interior also...

while I know you were desperate...you should at least done some research before telling him a few things.

Im sure youalready know that Mitsubishi electronics and mitsubishi motors are two different companies...

along with that research you would have also found out that Mitsubishi has been making cars a lot longer than subaru....has been in the Racing/ rally biz longer than subaru...and was also putting turbo's a few years before subaru did...

my point is...that if your gonna educate do it right... yes there are a lot of jackasses that drive evo's but im sure subaru has its fair share...t

the evo is a great car ..and so is the STI...but for damn sure...the only STI you will catch me in is a legacy STI...unless they bring back the GVR4

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

Here you go......

The car can be shipped for just under 800.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Subaru-Impreza-ST-I-AWD-2007-SUBARU-IMPREZA-ST-I-AWD-6-SPD-ONLY-800-MADE-32PICS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ31868QQihZ018QQitemZ280063009765QQrdZ1

As you know these cars are a little hard to come by.....

31K might just get it;)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Here you go......

The car can be shipped for just under 800.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Subaru-Impreza-ST-I-AWD-2007-SUBARU-IMPREZA-ST-I-AWD-6-SPD-ONLY-800-MADE-32PICS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ31868QQihZ018QQitemZ280063009765QQrdZ1

As you know these cars are a little hard to come by.....

31K might just get it;)

Gerald Subaru in North Aurora Il. has 4 or 5 STI's sitting on lot right now was there yesterday. blue, white, silver. bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Like Rommel said...if he's into modding...EVO wins Hands down...

Interior is whatever...but i could care less for the STI's interior also...

while I know you were desperate...you should at least done some research before telling him a few things.

Im sure youalready know that Mitsubishi electronics and mitsubishi motors are two different companies...

along with that research you would have also found out that Mitsubishi has been making cars a lot longer than subaru....has been in the Racing/ rally biz longer than subaru...and was also putting turbo's a few years before subaru did...

my point is...that if your gonna educate do it right... yes there are a lot of jackasses that drive evo's but im sure subaru has its fair share...t

the evo is a great car ..and so is the STI...but for damn sure...the only STI you will catch me in is a legacy STI...unless they bring back the GVR4

First of all. Why would you only drive the STI if it was a legacy.

DO you not like the WRX STI?

What is teh GVR4 and why was it so great.

I feel like you flamed me a little.

However I was only telling a story I did not say that everything I said was fact.

I have never followed MITSU nor have I done much research on the company.

I know they aren't making DVD players on the same assembly line as the car but I was grabbing for anything.

I know they compete in racing but Subaru has more recent victories right?

SO that couns for something.

Also, when you look as the "average" consumer how many of Mitus product line is turbo charged AND all wheel drive?

Can you name three vehicles?

Maybe you can... I COULD NOT.

All I know is that I knew people and had some "FRIENDS" that had different mitus..they modded them and raced them and they all broke. Granted they weren't EVOs...but I'm just saying Subaru has been around the block with the enthusiasts for a while. The standard Lancer is NOT AWD or TURBO CHARGED...while the WRX IMPREZA IS. They have tested it and proven it with consumers and reliability. That was my only point.

I'm sure the EVO is a great car. Just not my first choice.

Thanks for the education, tips, and links to the other stuff.

I'll be sure to check out.

Guest subiecity
i absoultely love my legacy 2.5i, i shoulda got a gt but in a nother year or 2 im going straight STI, i love to tune and screw around with the car, been planning what i wanna do with the an sti for a while STI is the way to go

However I was only telling a story I did not say that everything I said was fact.

I know they aren't making DVD players on the same assembly line as the car but I was grabbing for anything.

Also, when you look as the "average" consumer how many of Mitus product line is turbo charged AND all wheel drive?

All I know is that I knew people and had some "FRIENDS" that had different mitus..they modded them and raced them and they all broke. Granted they weren't EVOs...but I'm just saying Subaru has been around the block with the enthusiasts for a while. The standard Lancer is NOT AWD or TURBO CHARGED...while the WRX IMPREZA IS. They have tested it and proven it with consumers and reliability. That was my only point.

Yeah Rigo, Take that. I could not have said it any better myself....

:lol: :lol: :lol::icon_bigg

Sorry man didnt mean to flame you...just informing

I like both Evo and STI...But i will never own an impreza...why? when i already have a more plush legacy that is pretty much a sleeper

As for Mitsu's line with turbo's lol... all their cars have turbos IN Japan:lol:

(well almost)

from the colt to the evo(both lancer evolution and Pajero evolution)

as for cars breaking lol... mitsu owners are just known to take their cars to the limits. but thats also the reason why there are a lot more HIgh- HP mitsu cars(starions, 1g's. 2g's, EVO's) are there on the road than scooby

GVR4 = Galant AWD turbo(4g63 inside) would be the only one right now to take me away from the legacy...i love my leggy but i like being different.

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

Can I chime in? Was he looking to buy the Evo MR? If so, I really think the MR is a better car ... assuming you're interested in speed/performance alone. The Evo has better potential for much less money compared to the STi.

The Evo does have a less appealing interior ...

I used the classic... hey bro do you really want to buy a car from a company that makes T.V.'s and VCR's. I know it's harsh but I'm desparate here.

Also, that's the equivalent of the Mitsu guys saying, "hey, do you want to buy a car from a company that makes tractors? how about we go pick you up a john deere!"

• 5 months later...
Hey guys...thanks for all the info...my friend isn't buying anything anytime soon...now he's having a baby instead and decided to buy a bike for 4k....

sounds like a winner!

Not to flame, he's having a baby and decided to get a MC. Not sure that's a wise move on is part.

Archived