LegacyGT.com

Need to purhcase 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STI please help!

2006Specb122

Hey everyone, I need some help.

After years of debate I've finally converted my buddy over to Subaru.

He was convinced that his next car would be a Mitsubishi EVOLUTION.

After months of discussions I've finally got him over to the other side. He's not about to jump into a legacy but I feel that just getting him into a Subaru would be a victory. He also doesn't want to get the same exact car I have and I think it would be just as fun if he had an STI.

We're in Northern California and we will be seriously looking for a 2005 STI.

Color must be Black, Silver, or White. Low miles are desired and the car must be in EXCELLENT condition and handled with care. (:lol: I know...STI that wasn't driven hard, good luck.)

Anyways, if anyone can point me towards someone who might be looking to part ways with their 2005 STI please let me know. I can assure them it will be going to a good family. Perhaps someone around these boards is looking at a new legacy but needs to sell their STI.

Is ther a particular web site I should check out as well?

Perhaps a WRX site that has cars for sale.

I know some people in this community crossover into the WRX side so I thought I'd start here.

Thanks everyone

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH...and for those who may be in the same boat I will let you know how I finally converted him over. Perhaps you can use this with others in the same situation.

As most of you know the EVO and the STI are strong rivals.

Every article you read and test results you see show the cars are very close to one another. I don't know how accurate my information was but basically it went something like this.....

(please no flaming from EVO fans)

I used the classic... hey bro do you really want to buy a car from a company that makes T.V.'s and VCR's. I know it's harsh but I'm desparate here.

I also made two points which I thought were accurate.

I told him Subaru has been making AWD vehicles and Turbo Engines for years and they have much more experience with those two elements than Mitsubishi does with their Lancer models.

Also I pointed out that Consumer reports picked the entier Subaru line up as consumer's reccomended pick while mistu did not fair as well.

All good points...he was still favoring the EVO for its looks and style.

I then convinced him we could get a 2005 STI (his favorite style) for a much better price than a NEW EVO.

I didnt' really notice any major advancements he'd be missing with Subaru by going with a 2005 versus an 06 or even 07. Is that true? Other than the new body style I can't remember very many changes.

Thanks again.

+1 on nasioc

Here were my trade-offs when making that decision:

sti - 6 speed (funner to drive, but a bit slower 0-60 due to extra shift), more confortable interior

EVO - more power potential

EVOs have crappy interior. Not to mention its Mitsubishi. FTL

Subaru is much more reliable and is a classier car. I test drove a EVO, I wasn't impressed by anything except for the acceleration. Its not comfortable at all.

Plus on the EVO - if your friend is into modding, he would spend less money to mod an EVO than an STI. Handling on the EVO is far more better than an STI.

Plus on the STI - The thing that I like about the STI are interior and you can use it as a Daily driver compared to the EVO.

Or if he wants a moded Legacy GT wagon with very low miles I'm still selling my wagon.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=836123&postcount=1

why?!!! :icon_wink

why not? :)

you're probably just giving me a hard time and not relally asking..

it was a rhetorical question right?

anyways...it was a suggestion from another member to go there to get help on finding my buddy an STI

hey WRX_LGT..why are you selling?

are you leaving the LGT community?

why not? :)

you're probably just giving me a hard time and not relally asking..

it was a rhetorical question right?

anyways...it was a suggestion from another member to go there to get help on finding my buddy an STI

hey WRX_LGT..why are you selling?

are you leaving the LGT community?

NASIOC is not a noob friendly site.

If somebody would give me what I'm asking for, I'll sell it if not I'm keeping it.

And, I'm not leaving the LGT community.

NASIOC is not a noob friendly site.

If somebody would give me what I'm asking for, I'll sell it if not I'm keeping it.

And, I'm not leaving the LGT community.

I don't think any forum is noob friendly. LOL

Until you screw up by asking questions that are already answered instead of searching the forum first, its just something you gotta get used to.

Eventually you learn the ropes and become a member so you don't have to be a "noob" again.

another item that shocked me was that the EVO has no cruise. Well, when I was looking at my next car, I was commuting 1 hour...all highway. No thanks...did that with a non-cruise equipped Tacoma for 6 months.....FTL!

The STI comes with cruise if your friend has a commute or will take long drives here and there.

$32-35k and no cruise? Whats up with that!?

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

another item that shocked me was that the EVO has no cruise. Well, when I was looking at my next car, I was commuting 1 hour...all highway. No thanks...did that with a non-cruise equipped Tacoma for 6 months.....FTL!

The STI comes with cruise if your friend has a commute or will take long drives here and there.

$32-35k and no cruise? Whats up with that!?

Thats mitsubishi for you.

Go to i-club.com. Lots of norcal stuff there. Here, I even did the liberty of searching for you, and behold...

http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152223&highlight=sti

(btw, I want commission. haha, jp)

Or a modified cheaper 04

http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151547&highlight=sti

Or an 06

http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146686&highlight=sti

I knew there were a few sti's for sale in norcal. Search the norcal thread to narrow it down the most.

Good luck!

Plus on the STI - The thing that I like about the STI are interior and you can use it as a Daily driver compared to the EVO.

And you can't use the EVO as a daily driver? :icon_conf I found the EVO a more comfortable daily car than the STi. Just my opinion though.

As a Subaru Dealer that sees these cars at service department....

I do not, repeat... DO NOT reccomend any used STI or Evo for anyone.

Let's all ask, who buys these cars? Why do they buy them? How do they drive them? I do not remember the last time, anyone spent over $30 K to baby it....

Other problem is, they have such a great resale value, that buying it used is not smart..... Spend a little more and get a new one....

Reza...^^^^^

Thanks for the tip. I've definately thought about that.

However... buying a new 2007 for 34 with no discounts and no special financing because subaru doesn't care about doing anything for STI and spec b purhasers...yes I'm upset...but that's another thread....

so buying new for 34k maybe 32 if you're lucky is quite a bit more money than buying a nice 2005 for 26k.

That's about 6k difference.

It's about 100 difference per month which to some may be pretty significant.

345 versus 445 per month....something like that...

I agree...especially with carso f this type you have to be very carefull.....

I have driven my car at times...but I would consider it in PERFECT running condition and VERY well taken care of.

Reza...^^^^^

Thanks for the tip. I've definately thought about that.

However... buying a new 2007 for 34 with no discounts and no special financing because subaru doesn't care about doing anything for STI and spec b purhasers...yes I'm upset...but that's another thread....

so buying new for 34k maybe 32 if you're lucky is quite a bit more money than buying a nice 2005 for 26k.

That's about 6k difference.

It's about 100 difference per month which to some may be pretty significant.

345 versus 445 per month....something like that...

I agree...especially with carso f this type you have to be very carefull.....

I have driven my car at times...but I would consider it in PERFECT running condition and VERY well taken care of.

True True..

But what if you could get a brand New 07 STi for $31,500 and special financing?

If this interests you, give me a call 310-877-0977

:icon_bigg

Archived