LegacyGT.com

New Legacy Owner wants JDM!!!!

Not to jack your thread, I just want to make a small rant.

I hate this JDM business. Not to say I don't like the JDM stuff, most of it is cooler than the USDM stuff we get stuck with, I just hate the rediculous mark ups for JDM stuff. That and it's not like there is a market for USDM resale stuff, you're stuck with a bunch of stuff nobody wants. That and trying to get a part here from Japan in tact can be a feat in itself.

Oh well, just shows you have to pay the price to be different, lol.

Need a tissue???

You have to pay to play, thats the way it is. If you want to have high quality stuff that is different and harder to find, you have to pay for it.

Super JDM part out: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65039

PM me an offer!

Need a tissue???

You have to pay to play, thats the way it is. If you want to have high quality stuff that is different and harder to find, you have to pay for it.

Note: Read my last sentence in that post.

It's an observation, that is all. I don't like the prices, so I don't pay them because I don't feel the need to make my car look different. If someone else chooses to, that's their decision and it's fine with me.

That and it's not like there is a market for USDM resale stuff, you're stuck with a bunch of stuff nobody wants. That and trying to get a part here from Japan in tact can be a feat in itself.

Actually, there is a (if somewhat small) market for USDM stuff in countries like Japan. My Japanese HyperRev Legacy magazine has a section of parts from U.S. vehicles. And IIRC, amber reflectors on Civics became popular there. :p They want to be different, too... ;)

While it is more expensive (mainly for shipping), I've never had a single part arrive damaged from Japan Parts or AVO... And I've ordered a lot of stuff over the years. I can't say the same for UPS/DHL/FedEx here. :D

-Mike-

Haha, "Get your USDM emissions equipment here!!"

I'm more of a "form follows function" guy myself. I'd rather spend my money on power upgrades, but that's just me. My LGT is my daily driver and it's tough to not mod it. I've got my old Chevy to throw money at which leaves little for the old Subie.

A majority of JDM tuners believe in balance. An equal amount of speed, handling, stopping and looks. There are exceptions to everything, but most shops try to keep things in check. Around here everyone slaps on the biggest turbo they can find, but have a set of lowering spring and stock brakes.

My plan is to keep my car balanced, if I add a lot of power, brake and suspension upgrades will be done as well. The same goes for looks. Unless the car has serious power and is a track car, it will not have some over the top body kit and big wings.

That's just the way I see it, I've been into the JDM tuning scene for a long time. This is the way a majority of JDM tuning shops do things.

Super JDM part out: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65039

PM me an offer!

I have seen a lot of really killer cars done by Japanese shops, but I have also seen a lot of utter garbage as well. Usually your higher end stuff like the Supra, RX-7, Skyline and what not get done pretty tastefully. The lower end stuff looks like shite a lot of the times. Just like in America, lol. My opinion is that I don't care how fast it is, if it looks like crap, I'm probably not going to like it.

I will never understand the fascination with heavily modded cube vans (think Scion Xb) in Japan.

Archived