LegacyGT.com

New Legacy Owner wants JDM!!!!

Hello, well I'm picking up my 07 Legacy Limited tomorrow, and I want to see what's out their in the JDM market for this car. I have tons of JDM parts for my pleasure car, but I don't want to go all out on this, since its going to be my daily driver. I'm looking for some nice tails, and hopefully they make a classy lip kit for this car. that's about it for the exterior, I will upgrade the rotors to some brembo slotted and drilled, with some Hawk pads. some nice rims either racing harts or volks. but I want to spend about 2K just for the outside body work. Can anybody point me the right direction? is their any member on this forum who is a importer? ill check with my local Japanese importer and see if he can get some of these parts, but anybody already got that role here? well I'm glad to join the family and hope you guys are friendly haha.. thanks in advance Ron

which legacy would i choose? BG/BD, BH/BE or BP/BL? and do they require any modification? such as remove crash bar or anything? or direct play? which years can i use on a 07? 05-07? i seen this kit which i really like, but i see thier sold out. Any other place to get this kit?

http://www.k2k2.jp/img/UserCar/BL_05_01/k2bl_3.jpg

http://www.k2k2.jp/img/UserCar/BL_05_01/k2bl_4.jpg

Ive got JDM....but it didnt get me into the calendar :rolleyes:

Awww still butthurt that your pictures weren't good enough?

I guess you still don't know how to read when Tide clearly explained that it wasn't based on year, but on the quality/creativity of the photograph.

Awww still butthurt that your pictures weren't good enough?

I guess you still don't know how to read when Tide clearly explained that it wasn't based on year, but on the quality/creativity of the photograph.

Tide said post your uber shots and I did.

Don't take the tread off topic.

No one else here has these bad boys. :icon_mrgr :icon_mrgr :icon_mrgr

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f200/SLegacy99/Picture104-1.jpg

And they were a delight to install...not

Thanks alot, ill sure to check that member out. Now when u say the STI lip, you mean of the USDM WRX? will fit this car?, well i got a brake i can import things off this car threw my importer i use for my mitsubishi, so im going to order the lights and few other things after serching, all the sites listed above. i will post pics when i get the car tommow and after i get the JDM parts, if you guys like i would also import for you, but i like to get well known around here, before i start takein in money and buying parts..See i might acually usefull to the fourm, who woulda thought haha

2000 mistubishi galant, eclipse 5-speed swaped tranny, t3.t4 turbo kit custome kit 237WHP at 7.5PSI, getting the internals done so im hopeing to boost at 12lbs. but its pretty much getting show ready, its in the shop right now getting turbo work now, soon has its out goign in paint and body work, shaved doors, 2 tone paint, JDM bodykit, JDM fender flares and whole lota other JDM crap lolz. so this will be my daily and winter car, which im looking really foward to get tommow..i dont think i can sleep just want 10am to show up haha, im already parts for the car which i dont have...this is sad =( , i feel with you guys my daily wont even be a daily after time

2000 mistubishi galant, eclipse 5-speed swaped tranny, t3.t4 turbo kit custome kit 237WHP at 7.5PSI, getting the internals done so im hopeing to boost at 12lbs. but its pretty much getting show ready, its in the shop right now getting turbo work now, soon has its out goign in paint and body work, shaved doors, 2 tone paint, JDM bodykit, JDM fender flares and whole lota other JDM crap lolz. so this will be my daily and winter car, which im looking really foward to get tommow..i dont think i can sleep just want 10am to show up haha, im already parts for the car which i dont have...this is sad =( , i feel with you guys my daily wont even be a daily after time

You say you bought a Legacy Limited? A 2.5i Limited, or a 2.5 GT Limited?

Sounds like your Mitsubishi is going to be quite the car... different horses for different courses, I guess. I'd much rather have a Stage II+ or WRX STI turbo-swap onto a Legacy GT with a factory 5MT, with at least that much ALL-WHEEL horsepower, and JDM bits, including that JDM K2Gear Riez body kit that you posted pic links of. :D

So far I have the stage II Legacy GT with the manual trans, aside from the JDM body kit nor a turbo swap. I don't have that kind of money, but if I did, that, or the Liberal Albero would be the body mod choice I would make.

Post some pics of your Galant in the off-topic forums... it will be interesting to see.

BTW, there are several threads around the forum, especially in the Exterior group, about what it takes to change over to the JDM body kits.

BP/BL kits will work, BL specific to the Sedan, BP for the wagon. The bumper bars need to be removed, swapped for JDM, or cut down for use with the JDM bumper covers, which do shorten the car's length in the front and rear. Some of the under panels, and the front wheel liners do need to be swapped or modified. 2004-2006 JDM cars are the same body revision as the 05-07 USDM cars, and parts can be swapped.

The 07 JDM/ROW Legacys have revised lighting, and would require more parts, but are still swappable. Front would require the bumper cover, larger grille, AND right and left fenders, AND headlights, which would need to be cracked open, and the projectors converted for Left-hand-drive cutoff on the low-beams.

The rear conversion to JDM 07 would require a rear bumper beam, bumper cover, insert trims or rear fog lights in the rear bumper, and the newer style tail lights.

The thing is, those parts might be available in the US in about 6-months to a year, as the 08 USDM Legacy is rumored to be getting the same freshening, and spares then will be available without international freight shipping.

There are some USDM and replica parts available, such as grilles, and chin spoilers, trunk lip spoilers, etc... but a lot more is available in the JDM.

AVO Turboworld, JapanParts.com, and others sell the required internal and external conversion parts, but it is not cheap... Maybe you are used to that, though.

No one has actually answered your question so I will.

Yes, you will need to either hack the bumper beam or replace it with a JDM bumper beam for that bumper to fit on the car. The USDM bumper is like 3-4 inches longer (protrudes from front) than the JDM bumpers. Same goes for the rear. Other issues are that the underbody tray won't line up with all the mounting holes in the front bumper. Being that it isn't an OEM piece though, I can't say that all those holes are there anyway, but the JDM OEM bumpers don't line up at least. There also could be some fitment issues with the grille using that bumper, but I don't know that for sure. There are some very minor differences between the USDM and JDM grille.

As far as year, you should be fine fitting anything from 2005-2007 on USDM parts, but as for JDM parts, they will be 2004-2006 as the next body style (USDM 2008 - minor cosmetic updates) is already on sale in Japan as a 2007. The rear bumper is different for sure on that new body style, and I thought the headlights/front bumper had some small changes as well.

Good luck.

The thing is, those parts might be available in the US in about 6-months to a year, as the 08 USDM Legacy is rumored to be getting the same freshening, and spares then will be available without international freight shipping.

Still doubtful that the '08 USDM will have the same bumpers as the JDM cars, as the US federal crash requirements are different. I'd expect the same thing as now: USDM and JDM cars will share the same basic headlamps, fenders, hoods, but the bumper and beams will be different.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

I thought I had heard that the JDM/ROW 07 parts were designed to be more compatible with US regs, so that they could be more universal, and hopefully cost less.

But you could be right... and sourcing fenders, lights, etc... from the US will still likely be cheaper than having EVERYTHING from japan for a custom swap.

ahh okay thanks fellas, you guys answered it right on point, im not a big fan of hacking up my crash bar to make a bumper fit, i guess i will just have to look for lip options, or get my local fiberglass buy make me a custome simple lip. but i will get the JDM rear tails, and those aero guards, and grill, maybe few other little things, which my suppiler can order..i got the 2.5I not GT.

Still doubtful that the '08 USDM will have the same bumpers as the JDM cars, as the US federal crash requirements are different. I'd expect the same thing as now: USDM and JDM cars will share the same basic headlamps, fenders, hoods, but the bumper and beams will be different.

It's a possibility if they re-engineered the (new) Legacy from the start to be more U.S. regulation friendly (as IwannaSportSedan alluded to). The Impreza ('02+ from my experience) has used the same front and rear bumper skins as their Japanese counterparts, with the main difference being the size/shape of the bumper beam itself.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=398803

This is why there is no problem fitting any of the JDM front lips onto the stock USDM Impreza bumper.

-Mike-

ahh okay thanks fellas, you guys answered it right on point, im not a big fan of hacking up my crash bar to make a bumper fit, i guess i will just have to look for lip options, or get my local fiberglass buy make me a custome simple lip.

Just order the JDM bumper beam at the same time.

-Mike-

Check out Mike's thread about Spec B #148 (IIRC) being complete...

Lots of pics of what a JDM conversion can be, and smokin' hot.

RBS parts, made by a guy here on the forum, are available. STI-replica front lip spoiler that is slightly re-dimensioned to fit the USDM front bumper length. He also has a rear lip spoiler available, and sport grilles that fit the USDM cars.

Search around in the exterior forums, and use the search function... you will come across them. Very good stuff. I have the front lip spoiler. It needs a bit of a paint touch up from close calls with curbs and parking bumpers, but is still very much intact, and looks great on the car.

I wish I could have a lip spoiler like the K2 Gear sedan, which Mike (CreoSTi) has on his car, or the RBS Version 2 rear lip spoiler... but I have the factory wing... and I have higher priorities for the car than spending a lot of cash having the trunk holes mended and re-painted and a different wing installed. I so wish someone else close had a GRP trunk lid to trade winged for wingless, but I highly doubt it.

here is a quick, and not that great pic of the front lip spoiler on my car this fall. It will be back on in the spring, I just don't think it will make a good snow plow. :Dhttp://homepage.mac.com/mkutzli/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2006-10-12%2013.15.10%20-0700/Image-A0D13D9E5A2C11DB.jpg

Not to jack your thread, I just want to make a small rant.

I hate this JDM business. Not to say I don't like the JDM stuff, most of it is cooler than the USDM stuff we get stuck with, I just hate the rediculous mark ups for JDM stuff. That and it's not like there is a market for USDM resale stuff, you're stuck with a bunch of stuff nobody wants. That and trying to get a part here from Japan in tact can be a feat in itself.

Oh well, just shows you have to pay the price to be different, lol.

Archived