LegacyGT.com

Tried to trade my '05 LGT

4mcrue

I've been looking at other cars, trucks, etc...the last couple of weeks. Our dealer here sells Subaru and Chevrolet so I figured I'd get an ok trade in allowance on either. I found a nice '05 silverado, but they only offered me $17,000 for my Legacy GT Limited AT with 10,300 miles on it. I just about fell over, I asked about the guaranteed trade in allowance offered by subaru, well he said that's just on trading for another subaru. Anyways, he still blew that off too, and said they don't go by that offer anyways....So even if I wanted a new subaru, its worth $17k on a trade. Guess I'll be keeping the car for a while longer then, frustrated. Why is it that some dealers just don't want to deal, the salesman never did call me back either, nice.

I should add too, my car is in excellent shape, I was just surprised.

That dealers just being a D*ck. All of the dealer are suppose to honor that GTP if you buy another Subaru. I had more miles then the limit on my '04 WRX and they still gave me the GTP when I bought my '05 LGT LTD 5mt wagon( I still got the LGT for $25k that's $7500 off sticker).
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

uggggh how many times do I have to explain this?

KBB? throw it out the window!!! its worthless!! NADA, dont use the trade in, use the loan value. That is what the dealer is truly giving you for the car.

once again.... KBB is useless, guaranteed trade in is a gimic. dont waste your time.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

uggggh how many times do I have to explain this?

KBB? throw it out the window!!! its worthless!! NADA, dont use the trade in, use the loan value. That is what the dealer is truly giving you for the car.

once again.... KBB is useless, guaranteed trade in is a gimic. dont waste your time.

I got the GTP last year when I bought my car with no problem and I was 4k miles over the limit in my '04 WRX wagon.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

New york uses some other book as well. A delaership told me, but I forgot which one it is. Also they say they will never give more than wholesale value on it for trade in. I got quoted between 17.5 and 18K on mine with 13K miles. 05 as well.

GL

X

---

I got the GTP last year when I bought my car with no problem and I was 4k miles over the limit in my '04 WRX wagon.

:icon_wink of course you did.

Let me explain this so that you will all understand... *takes lunch break at work*

GTP is nothing more than a marketing gimmick. Its smoke and mirrors, David Blaine levatating, coxx losing his virginity...

NO dealership will ever give you more than your car is worth. If they do, they are taking gross out of the car you are buying. GTP is not real... its the santa claus of dealership gimmicks.

I know, I used to sell cars.

If you walk into a dealership and they offer you 17k on an 05 GT LTD with 13k.... WALK OUT!! laugh at them. they are trying to steal your car!!!

Do some research, find out the invoice for the car/truck you want to buy, ask for that price minus hold back. Ask for NADA trade in on your car.

if they dont take that offer. WALK OUT THE DOOR.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

usually, in NY, the dealer uses "Galves Wholesale value"

Which, in all reality, is less then public auction value.... they get a little chubby when they can convince someone thier trade in is only worth that much and they dont complain ....hehe.... ive seen it in action...

goodluck!

Archived