LegacyGT.com

2007 Rs4

Awesome performance for a sedan.......:rolleyes:http://cwimg.sv.publicus.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=CW&Date=20061215&Category=FREE&ArtNo=61207006&Ref=AR&Profile=1004&maxw=490

Whatever..........

74k:lol:

420bhp:lol:

0-60.... 4.8:lol:

1/4.......13.8:lol:

60-0......113ft:):)

At least it has decent brakes.......

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Autoweek was even slower.....:lol::lol:

Just the idea of an Audi RS 4 had American sport sedan fans salivating, anxious for the opportunity to snatch up their own copies the moment the little car went on sale. And since Audi began deliveries to these shores in June, almost 1000 units have made their way into those fans’ garages.

With its 420-hp 4.2-liter V8—that’s 87 more than the BMW M3’s 3.2-liter I6, mind you—conventional six-speed manual transmission and rear-biased all-wheel-drive system, the RS 4 certainly looks attractive on paper. At the track, the car proved drop-dead gorgeous.

Once we found a spot on the drag strip to the RS 4’s liking, a patch with just the right amount of rubber laid down, the car would momentarily spin its 19-inch Pirelli PZero Rossos, then hook up perfectly. When the all-wheel drive kicked in, the car would bog down briefly once it hit cleaner pavement, but not so much to upset the car—clearly not with a 0-to-60-mph time of 4.91 seconds and quarter-mile in less than 14 seconds.

Finding good traction off the line might have been easier if the quattro in the RS 4 was tuned like that of other Audis, but Ingolstadt opted instead to slant the bias toward the rear, with 40 percent sent toward the front instead of 50. The move clearly benefits the car’s handling, as we quickly found on the slalom course.

With the electronic aids—both traction and stability control—switched off, the RS 4 sailed through the slalom as easily as anything we’ve tested. It needed only very small steering inputs to get around the cones and remained very controllable throughout the exercise. Even when the back end stepped out of line, it required only feeding it a bit more power to stabilize the car—but not too much power. We found the best approach was with a steady, constant throttle.

To compare, the RS 4 managed a best 46.7 mph through the cones, a significant margin over the Cadillac CTS-V’s 46.2 mph. And the Mercedes-Benz C55 AMG we tested two years ago wasn’t in the same league with its 44.1 mph.

On the skidpad, RS 4 exhibited moderate to heavy understeer, the front end grinding a bit as the wheels made their way around the 200-foot circle. It remained easy to hold on the line, but it did call for quite a bit of steering lock at the limit in response to the understeer. Just holding the steering steady and modulating the throttle ever so slightly made for the best runs.

We recorded a best lateral acceleration of 0.85 g by pointing the car with its throttle. If it ran wide, we’d back off to get the nose to tuck in but never once had to change the steering-wheel lock. In other words, the RS 4 feels like a front-driver on the skidpad.

One tester called the RS 4 “simply the best-balanced car I’ve driven in years and years. I think you would have to go back 10 years of BMW M3s to find a sedan so perfectly placed as this one, and even then you would not have the monster power of this mighty V8.”

Bringing the car to a stop produced a huge amount of brake squeal—probably the most we’ve experienced during testing—but little to no nose dive. And the RS 4 ate up just 113 feet to come to a standstill from 60 mph, which holds up next to the CTS-V’s 112 but, again, trumps the C55’s 116.

On the road, the RS 4 felt like a very heavy car (and with a curb weight of 3957 pounds, it certainly is no lightweight), with a solid ride quality that oozed German luxury. Even though tire noise made its way into the cabin, the suspension never felt harsh, soaking up bumps even over fairly rough sections of freeway.

Owners we heard from found the same, though most cited the all-around combination of qualities—a balance of power, styling and performance—as the reason for their choice. “This would have to be one special car to justify a price that is two-and-a-half times a base A4’s MSRP,” said one. “Consider it justified!”

Added another: “When you want more than 400 horsepower, four-doors, all-wheel drive and a normal six-speed manual transmission, the RS 4 is the only choice.”

Some cited the V8 rumble and others mention the clutch pedal feel as details of the package they particularly enjoyed. Most found the RS 4 seats to be especially supportive and comfortable.

Our testers couldn’t be happier with their time at the track. “It is certainly one of the best-behaved, most responsive cars ever made,” said one. “It is like a DTM car but with all the comforts of a modern luxury sedan. I cannot think of a better luxo four-door.”

Balance....I doubt it.....

Coming from a S4 Avant, the last thing I would call it is a tossable car. Besides the 2.7TT could be made much much quicker than the vaunted 07 RS4....:lol::lol:

Audi should have dropped a TT 4.2 in the S4 with a minimum of 475bhp

73K.......are you fizuckinizuts:lol::lol:

I don't buy those numbers. The car is capable of better than that. Fifth gear did a RS4 vs M3 and the RS4 walked the M3 with no problems, and the M3 is a 4.7-4.8 0-60 car. [ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=B4Uzf1dtYmU]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Hell.. looks at what most rags give the LGT for performance numbers... mid 6's 0-60. We all know that's bs

I don't buy those numbers. The car is capable of better than that. Fifth gear did a RS4 vs M3 and the RS4 walked the M3 with no problems, and the M3 is a 4.7-4.8 0-60 car. http://youtube.com/watch?v=B4Uzf1dtYmU

Hell.. looks at what most rags give the LGT for performance numbers... mid 6's 0-60. We all know that's bs

+1

Performance #s are never right. Go to the track.....OR street :)

Name a car from the factory regardless of body style that accelerates better than the E63 for under 90k.......

There is only 1.....07 Z06

And even the Z06 driver had better be a pretty good driver;)

Still not as quick......

And I am much more of a BMW fan than I am M.B.

E63 Performance

0-60.......4.0-4.2

1/4.........12.4-12.6 @ 115-117

Damn, thats bang for your buck....

I always thought of the MB as all luxury. I guess I thought wrong

0-60 4 seconds....thats quick

Dude, If i had the money for either the mercedes or the RS4, living in Utah i would take the RS4. It is a wicked car, even if its numbers aren't extremely amazing (sub 5 seconds is still pretty damn fast). You got to remember, even if your stage 2 lgt goes as fast or faster than the rs4, you still don't have the same interior quality nor the "i drive an audi, i am so cool" feeling :)

If i was loaded and could afford any car, the RS4 would be my daily driver while my exotics were resting.

Archived