LegacyGT.com

Legacy options...basic info

Apparently dealers are starting to get their options and color lists. The red will be exclusive to the GTs (and Outback XT) and up. No nav, no HID, no McIntosh audio. As we find out more, let's add to this. Hey Sube, anything over at NABISCO? Let the whining begin! :lol: Kevin

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As listed by secorssubaru on NASIOC: [quote][i]Originally posted by secorsubaru[/i] [b] 05 Legacy and Outback order guide came into our dealership today!Here are the color choices- Legacy sdn and wgn- 2.5i- Atlantic Blue Brilliant silver Obsidian black pearl Regal blue pearl Satin white pearl Interior all the same-Tweed flat woven(black) 2.5 LTD- Same as above choices with charcoal leather STD 2.5 GT- Same as above but add- garnet red pearl GT gets tweed flat woven(black) GT LTD gets perforated leather in either charcoal or taupe Outback 3.0 R sedan- Atlantic Blue Brilliant silver Garnet red pearl Obsidian black Satin white Interior all taupe leather Outback 2.5i wgn- Champagne gold opal w/taupe flat woven Obsidian black w/charcoal flat woven Atlantic blue pearl/granite gray opal w/charcoal FW B.Silver/granite gray opal w/charcoal flay woven Champagne gold/granite gray w/taupe flat woven Satin white/granite gray w/taupe flat woven Willow green/moss green w/taupe flat woven Outback 2.5i LTD- same as above with leather interior Outback 2.5 XT- Champagne gold pearl Garnet red pearl Obsidian black pearl Atlantic blue pearl/granite gray opal Brilliant silver/granite gray opal Satin white pearl/granite gray opal all come with tweed flat woven(black) Outback 2.5 XT LTD- Same colors but with either charcoal or taupe perforated leather Outback 3.0R LL Bean- Champagne gold pearl Obsidian black pearl Atlantic blue/granite gray opal Brilliant silver/granite gray opal Champagne/granite gray opal Satin white pearl/granite gray opal Willow green opal/moss green metallic All come with two tone darl taupe perforated leather Outback 3.0R VDC LTD- Champagne gold pearl Garnet red pearl Obsidian black pearl Atlantic blue pearl/granite gray opal Brilliant silver/granite gray opal Champagne/granite gray opal Satin white/granite gray opal Willow green/moss green metallic All come with taupe leather Enjoy the info,any questions? Brian [/b][/quote] [quote][i]Originally posted by secorsubaru[/i] [b] it does mention options in detail.sorry to say,no HID,no Nav,no Macintosh.only difference in radios is that the VDC wagon has an MP3 player. Brian [/b][/quote] My personal intuition says the STi short-throw will be an option. Other potentials may include a rear spoiler, a wheel option (though I'd probably say liklihood is <50%), shift knobs, an exhaust option. We'll just have to wait and see. Those would be additional to the standard set of options we always see.

I bet there's whining to beat the band over at NABISCO, right? About the lack of HIDs and nav. Hopefully, this space will stay whine-free. Personally, I'm thinking red wagon with taupe leather interior, no sunroof, thank you. :D On the other hand, if the cloth is anything as nice as the stuff in the WRX (it should be nicer) the black fabric will also be compelling. I don't think there will be an exhaust, or spoiler option (other than the ones that are offered on the sedan or wagon). The Legacy isn't going to be that kind of car for Subaru. Kevin

Man! damn it subaru.... give us the Nav and HID if ur really interested in going up-market... why must u torture the US, who gives u so much business... guess i can say that about every import brand.. :cry:

Doesn't really matter to me, but now I do think that I am going to get the taupe interior color, and the sunroof not being available in the base GT doesn't matter either, 'cause I'm getting the limited! Although I can't get silver with a taupe interior, that would be tacky.

HID would be nice, but I'm perfectly happy with a good set of projectors. NAV, well, I'd rather have a portable GPS unit, so count that out of my list of needs. I'd be pretty happy with a base GT Wagon. :)

[quote name='wukilla98']Man! damn it subaru.... give us the Nav and HID if ur really interested in going up-market... why must u torture the US, who gives u so much business... guess i can say that about every import brand.. :cry:[/quote] And we have a winner! :lol: :lol: Think about how many people would opt for the HID system, which is over $1K on average, and a navigation system, which is roughly $2K as things seem to be going. Would you be willing to add $3,000 to the cost of your Legacy GT to make it suitably "upmarket?" That's the honest question to ask yourself. Upmarket cars don't necessarily have navigation systems and HID headlights. These things are not necessary for a car to be upmarket, if we believe what some people are saying is Subaru's desire. You can also offer significantly improved interior not only as regards quality, but also as regards fit and finish. You can make the car look better, and give it exceptional performance. These qualities, even in countries where (shudder!) they don't have HID or nav, have given the Legacy top honors, even over cars that do, such as Saabs or 5-series BMWs. It isn't like Subaru is saying "drive down the road blind." Projector headlights are excellent, and give anyone more than enough light. Are they as cool as HIDs? I suppose not. When a car company looks at options, if they offer them, it still costs something. So, they have to evaluate whether or not people will take advantage of those options. My bet would be, in this market, given Subaru's existing demographic, they said "No way." People on Subaru boards are already saying "If the Legacy costs more than $27,000, that's too much." Why? Because of the perception that Subaru has in this market. Subaru will, however, be out to change that perception, at which point a different demographic and marketplace perception will make these things feasible. Of course by then, HIDs might not be on offer anyhow, given their lack of fashionability with legislative bodies. Give the car a chance. See one, drive one, then make the call. Or make the call based on the still nebulous information that we already have, rule it out because of things that don't affect performance, and look at Legacy GT taillights. :lol: I recall Subaru saying that the Legacy will be all about the driving experience. Sounds like, with the performance, and the way it appears (at present) that the car will be set up in this market, they're serious. The upmarket stuff is for future Subarus, as I understand it. Kevin

[quote name='gtguy']Think about how many people would opt for the HID system, which is over $1K on average, and a navigation system, which is roughly $2K as things seem to be going. Would you be willing to add $3,000 to the cost of your Legacy GT to make it suitably "upmarket?" That's the honest question to ask yourself.[/quote] yes I would.

I would say that I would consider NAV. I don't really care about HID, it's just another hidden cost when those things go out. I do think that Subaru is making an error in what options they offer. Consider this though, Joe Average doesn't know what options other countries get so in turn doesn't think that he is missing out. We, on the other hand, know more about the GT than we really should at this point, hence the disappointment in that we are missing. I think that if someone just compares these different vehicles on paper and doesn't take test drives, then they deserve to buy an accord. Those who drive will no doubt understand the draw to not only the GT, but Subaru in general. What other exterior colors go with taupe?

Everything goes with taupe, Dr. Z...that's the beauty of such a nice, neutral color such as taupe. Sube is right...vaporware is a beautiful thing. We can't "not get" something that the USDM car never had (HID, nav, McIntosh audio). It's funny, over at NABISCO, people are saying that Subaru can offer them as options, because it doesn't cost them anything to offer them as options. Which, of course, means that Subaru runs over to the HID supplier whenever someone opts for them, and purchases one or two pair. :lol: No, car companies have to stock options, and my guess is that Subaru decided that not enough people would buy them. Look at it like this...a Legacy GT Limited with nav and HIDs would probably cost somewhere north of $32K. For that money, there are a lot of other cars in the same playground, like the Acura or Infiniti. At $30K, the playground is a bit more exclusive. At $27K, the Legacy is a screaming bargain, particularly with the level of standard equipment that the car has. I won't miss nav or HIDs at all, and if McIntosh can't even make home audio gear that sounds good, why would I expect them to make car gear that sounds good? And of course, I can't miss them because the USDM car never had them. :lol: It might be time for Subaru to resurrect their "If you get it, you get it" ad campaign. Subaru is going to be a niche car. It has no choice, as it just doesn't sell (and can't sell...Subaru lacks the capacity) in sufficient numbers to be a mass-market car, with all of the compromises that mass market status entails. Kevin

I dunno if silver goes with taupe, I think I would have to get black with silver. I would be that 50% of the complainers on nabisco couldn't even afford a fully loaded limited with nav and hid and mcintosh. that's why i think it's funny.

Ooof. Silver with taupe would be pretty unfortunate. You'd need black with that car. People such as the complainers on NABISCO aren't looking at logic, which is the fundamental difficulty there. When someone suggests this, they are shouted down. I made a rare appearance over there to help out a buddy, and I see the place hasn't changed a bit. Unfortunate. Further, the STi's weak sales haven't exactly convinced Subaru that this market is willing to pony up its dosh for the best, as we have the best STi in the world, and they're sitting on dealer lots. The Legacy is going to do exceptionally well. Don't forget that Subaru has less than one percent of the total car market, and have a four-year plan of an eventual 225,000 cars per year. Hell, Chevrolet sells more Malibus than that. :lol: I would also offer that Subaru doesn't even want as a customer someone who would rule out a car because it doesn't have nav or HIDs. Because Subaru appears to be pitching the Legacy, at its introduction, as a driving experience, which I'm fairly confident that it will be. You'll have my reports to keep you warm, Sube, as I'll be getting a second allocation car. I might even go for a manual Limited, if the base cost is under $30K. :D Yes, the red with taupe is still top dog in my world. Kevin

Screw the HID - good projector works just fine. I'd consider NAV to be viable option (I'd pay for it, but can do without). I'd pay extra for McIntosh, so I won't have to deal with average sound and waste my time to look in aftermarket.

[quote name='SUBE555']As listed by secorssubaru on NASIOC: 05 Legacy and Outback order guide came into our dealership today!Here are the color choices- 2.5 LTD- Same as above choices with charcoal leather STD 2.5 GT- Same as above but add- garnet red pearl GT gets tweed flat woven(black) GT LTD gets perforated leather in either charcoal or taupe[/quote] Where can I see that garnet red pearl, is it like the red on the Subaru japanese site? Or is it rather a bright red? Do I understand that it will be available on the 2.5GT but not on the 2.5GT Limited?

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

[quote name='SUBE555']HID would be nice, but I'm perfectly happy with a good set of projectors.[/quote] Excuse my ignorance but can someone explain to me what are projector headlamps vs. regular/halogen headlamps? Is it just a special bulb that looks like a crystal ball like on this picture I took at the Montreal Auto Show? I know I asked this question in another topic but did not get an explanation so I'm trying again. As a way of thanking you guys, I will no longer pursue my "no-HID option" whining as some of you have convinced me that projectors are just as suitable while driving the cost of the car down. :) [img]http://www.legacysti.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=49[/img]

2005 Legacy GT Wagon Ltd 5EAT Garnet Red :cool:

1999 GTI VR6 Black - sold but not forgotten... :(

[quote]Excuse my ignorance but can someone explain to me what are projector headlamps vs. regular/halogen headlamps? Is it just a special bulb that looks like a crystal ball like on this picture I took at the Montreal Auto Show? I know I asked this question in another topic but did not get an explanation so I'm trying again. As a way of thanking you guys, I will no longer pursue my "no-HID option" whining as some of you have convinced me that projectors are just as suitable while driving the cost of the car down. :)[/quote] Well, it's a little hard to explain for me, but see these links, it might help a bit [url]http://faq.auto.light.tripod.com/projector-unit.htm[/url] [url]http://faq.auto.light.tripod.com/hl-reflectors.htm[/url] Anybody knows what type of bulb will use the Legacy for low-beam?

Yes, That's a projector. [img]http://subaru.com.au/explore/liberty/images/exterior/23235/4.jpg[/img] [img]http://subaru.com.au/explore/liberty/images/exterior/23246/4.jpg[/img] and this is Garnet Red Pearl according to [url]http://subaru.com.au/explore/liberty/[/url]

Archived