LegacyGT.com

04 V70R 6 speed vs 05 gt wagon manual

I don't know why some of you Subaru owners diss Volvo's so much. I am currently driving an '05 Legacy Gt and I love it. However, before getting into my legacy, I was driving a volvo S40-volvo's worse made car and I went to Subaru's best car and I KNOW that my S40 was better built and more reliable, which is why it is still in my family. I LOVE the V70R... it is sexy and handles much much better than the legacy. Also the interiors are night and day. I am very pleases with my Legacy, but come on!! Some of you tard honestly need to think before you type something on this site.

Stock to stock (wagons), manuals on both, the LGT will definitely win to 100, and possibly above 100 due to it's better aerodynamics...

(Auto to auto it is not even close because the Volvo auto has less HP and tq :lol:)

Stg II vs Stg II, no contest for the LGT...

(And costs about 3-5 times more for the Volvo)

Exactly equal size and spec tires, and brake pads, the stock legacy will take the stock R on the track.

Equal brake pads and tires, again the Legacy will out brake the R.

Leaving a parking lot, the LGT will 10 miles down the road before the R has turned around and gotten out :lol:

I drove both A LOT before purchasing my car because I could get a new V70R within $5K of the LGTs VIP price. I love the seats and the stereo. After that...

Ted

:spin:

What do you know, you are a tard :lol:

Yeah its odd, I dont think people bashed the V70R on here. Volvo reliability which has been documented as less than stellar was discussed.

:lol: no kidding. I thought some of us *gasp* liked the V70R. Hell, if I could have afforded a $40k wagon, I might have looked at it too.

The Dude - Two inches and counting...:lol:

Wanna play.....you gotta pay;)

That V70R with those mods runs pretty consistant 13.1-13.2 @ 105-106

You guys think that is expensive......that is right on par price wise with item's I purchased for the S4:eek:

Agreed!!!

S4's and V70R's mods are not for the poor... At all!!!!

Forget about 150 dollars downpipe!! hehehehehehehe

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

We generally like our 98 V70 GLT wagon. However, by 85K miles, we've already replaced the MAF sensor, the turbo oil return line, all brake rotors, a ball joint on a control arm, top engine mount, there must be more I am forgetting, and we have upcoming items such as the cold-start air pump bearings are going and it sounds like an air-raid siren for the first 30s, the evaporative fuel control system keeps throwing a CEL, the ABS light is intermittently coming on (I cleaned all the wheel sensors already), the rear main engine seal is starting to leak, and the steering rack is leaking. This thing is getting expensive in a hurry. Our local independent, well-respected shop complains about the newer Volvos having even more issues and being more expensive to fix.

Good luck with the Volvo. You'll need it.

I like the Legacy wagon, and I never imagined I'd look into a real wagon, not a hatchback, before I came to this site. But I saw the JDM '07 Spec. B wagon and basically fell in love. But the V70R, I just can't get over the looks. It has that boxy end that Volvo was famous for like 10 yrs ago, nah, I just can't see myself driving that. I like the S60R too, but the V70R, it's stylish in that scandinavian sense, but not me at all.

Archived