LegacyGT.com

OEM Fog Lights Don't Fit...

jbrscot

Bought the OEM fog lights for me 2007 2.5i. Tried to connect the fog lights to the harness hanging under the bumber but they don't fit! There is a little tab in the fog light harness that is supposed to fit into the bumber harness. This tab is too big! I bought part number H4510AG030-- from subarupartsmall.com. Anyone else try doing this themselves? If so and it worked what was the exact part number you bought?

One solution would be to cut off both plugs and replace them with a set of crimp-on universal connectors.

Thats how I wired my JDM foglights. However, I need to go back and tighten one of the connections. Make sure you get corrosion resistant ones.

That is the correct part # for your car.... Did you read the directions? You have to be pulling the wrong connector from the car..... Just look around for some more connectors

I followed the directions. There is only one connector on each side and they are both the same. The male connector on the foglight fits into the female on the car but the is a plastic tab between the two metal connectors that fit into the female car connector. This plastic tab is larger than the hole in the female connector.

BTW, I ordered part number H4510AG030-- but they sent me H4510AG030. Does the -- at the end of the part number mean anything? I bought these from Subaruparstmall.com. They told me I have the right kit. I don't think so. Looking on their site the fog light kit for the 2005 is H4510AG030-, the 2006 is H4510AG030 and the 2007 is H4510AG030--...Anyone else able to confirm this? I'm going to try contacting SOA also.

Those are all the same part number...the dashes indicate where the color code is necessary for the fog light trim covers. Are you sure you have the right light on the right side? Or the plug isn't upside down?

Those are all the same part number...the dashes indicate where the color code is necessary for the fog light trim covers. Are you sure you have the right light on the right side? Or the plug isn't upside down?

Positive. I made sure the lamp fit in the bumper first then tried to connect them. It comes down to the plastic tab inside the fog light connector being too big to fit into the car's connector.

I've looked around on the internet and found at www.subarugenuineparts.com they actuall differentiate between the 2005-2006 kit and the 2007 kit.

I e-mailed SOA, guess I'll have to wait till Monday for a response.

I took some pictures...pic 1938 shows the connector on the car. Notice the white plastic piece between the prongs. This actually comes out pretty easily. I tried connecting the lights again with the piece removed but the metal prongs don't line up and the connectors don't snap together...pic 1941 shows the fog light connector, notice the plastic prong in between the two metal prongs. pic 1940 shows how the fog light harness connects to the fog light. the female side of the harness is the exact same connector as the one on the car. Notice how the connector on the fog light is made specifically to fit the harness. There is a notch on one side that fits into the female connector so you know you have the connectors lined up.

Now I am certain I don't have the correct lights...unless there is another wiring harness in there that I can't find. But what else would the harnesses I found be for?

DSCN1938.thumb.jpg.b4e2ced8ff7d08e9ea53ba8078fbfec6.jpg

DSCN1941.thumb.jpg.f53a52dc5b577ee99d2b675fb4bcbabe.jpg

DSCN1940.thumb.jpg.e6111b6096e6a581ce43d3a3ff2fcf53.jpg

Problem solved!

After a few back and forth e-mails with SOA it was determined that the wiring harness supplied with the fog lights is not used with the 2007 Legacy. The vehicle harness connects directly to the fog lights. Since the supplied instructions are dated 2004 there was no way to know this...After doing this the installation was a snap. They work and look great.

• 1 year later...

Archived