LegacyGT.com

What Service Department is Best?

Dong Homez

I need the heater on my car to be repaired. I was told that it will be an extensive job, lotsa man hours to remove the dash. This is pretty serious, and my car is brand new. I don't want to take it to an incompetent service department to find out that they suck. I know we have alot of places choose from in Northern Cali, does anyone recommend or not recommend a certain dealership? I almost feel like living with the bad heater, but having the AC blowing when it's 40 degrees isn't fun. Let me hear your horror or "lived happily ever after" stories.

I need the heater on my car to be repaired. I was told that it will be an extensive job, lotsa man hours to remove the dash. This is pretty serious, and my car is brand new. I don't want to take it to an incompetent service department to find out that they suck. I know we have alot of places choose from in Northern Cali, does anyone recommend or not recommend a certain dealership? I almost feel like living with the bad heater, but having the AC blowing when it's 40 degrees isn't fun. Let me hear your horror or "lived happily ever after" stories.

Subaru Santa Cruz has done me right every single time. Carlsen Subaru in Redwood City changed a tire for me under the roadside hazard warranty and did a great job for me, but that's the only thing they've done. Subaru Santa Cruz has done an engine swap on my MY00 RS, rebuild, clutch replacement, electrical harness, hardened gears on my MY02 WRX, I'd trust them with anything on my Leggie.

Carlsen in RWC has always been pretty good to me, been going to them for many years now. They recently replaced my AC condenser with minimal fuss.

I'd be intersted to know how Ron Price is in the city. With you being in Daly City though, I'd go to Carlsen.

I'm leaning towards Ron Price just because of location, but I'm willing to drive if I know the quality of the work will be top notch. I'm just trying to avoid a trip to the dealership to fix what the last dealership screwed up.

Santa Cruz subaru has been top notch in my book. They took on my lemon of a baja that I had and didn't give me crap about it. And they have been wonderful with my LGT and FXT. Definatally worth the drive.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Wish me luck, car goes into Carlsen Subaru tomorrow to see if they'll replace the ECM and relay for the cooling fan stuck on problem. Told them up front the car is modified. Robert (Service Manager) has always been pretty good to me in the past. We shall see, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm leaning towards Ron Price just because of location, but I'm willing to drive if I know the quality of the work will be top notch. I'm just trying to avoid a trip to the dealership to fix what the last dealership screwed up.

I'd recommend against them. Last time my car was in they lost my "reservation" and took 20 minutes for a tech to come over who then proceeded to warn me that I'd pay the $250 estimate if it wasn't covered under warranty. This was for ALL cosmetic items. The ONLY non-stock item was the boost gauge I added. I asked what "modification" (his words not mine) could cause the steering wheel leather to peel back.

When I got the car back the radio gap was "fixed" by popping it back into place (when I told them that the only solution was to replace the side panel and gave them numbers of other dealers that dealt with the problem.)

I'm going to see if they'll let me replace my own warrantied parts...

i live near ron price but i perfer to go to carlsen, which is also where i bought my car. when i went in to buy my car at ron price they thought i wasnt serious and didnt even give me a price (i was 20 btw so i can see how that looked) but still, i went over to carlsen and got a price that was just 200 over invoice and ran with it.

Carlsen proved to once again be easy to work with today.

Dropped my car off this morning. Picked it up this evening. No questions asked about mods. New ECM, new relay, fan functions as normal. Cost: $0

works for me!

So you guys have helped me narrow it down to either Santa Cruz or Carlsen. I think I'll be in good hands at either place. I took the heater problem to Ron Price just to see what they would say, and the bastards didn't even aknowledge a problem. "Heater is functioning properly." That damn heater isn't functioning properly when I leave for work at 5AM and it's 40 degrees out. One trip to Ron Price and they already lost all credibility. That's sad.

Archived