LegacyGT.com

Suspension work recommendations? close to SF

drewster

Having a slight clunking noise from the front end right before car comes to a stop, need a recommendation as to who to go to. What shops would you recommend that is closest to SF? I have an OBXT w/coilovers so I doubt that any dealers will be at all helpful with this problem.

Suggestions?

drewster-

Are you back in the bay area?

yep, been back a couple months now. :)

I'd talk to LIC motorsports if you are in SF, they are in Novato

http://www.licmotorsports.com/main.htm

What coilovers are you running?

GPMoto (designed for the LGT). I would go up to Novato but it means spending a day up there. It would be nicer to be able to drop it off somewhere closer, what about this Method 4 place, will they do suspension work? or just engine tuning?

Method will be a full service place, but you will likely have to wait until next month to get in there. They will be worth waiting for. I plan on heading in there for my pro-tune next month.

East Bay has a few options, but feel they are eqaully far away from SF. Gruppe-S does some install and service work. I'm blanking on one other place in the east bay.

AutoHQ comes up on i-Club: http://www.autoheadquarter.com/index.html They are in redwood city.

Gruppe-S does some install and service work.

It's my understanding that GRuppe-S is no longer doing installations/service work. I don't know if that was temporary or not (since they heavily reorganized)...

-Mike-

^Huh, just talked to 16psibrick and he is having them swap out his turbo for the TDC VF40 18g. Maybe they are only doing performance/engine mods? Call them I suppose.

Still think LIC is worth the drive though. Go wine tasting or something.....

^Huh, just talked to 16psibrick and he is having them swap out his turbo for the TDC VF40 18g. Maybe they are only doing performance/engine mods? Call them I suppose.

Still think LIC is worth the drive though. Go wine tasting or something.....

That was just info. I had from a month or two back. I know that they did (I guess temporarily) halt installs at the shop. Mike's (the ex-tuner at GRuppe-S) shop is supposed to open on Dec. 11th, and they should be doing installs/service as well;

http://www.i-club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151855

+1 for LIC. Adam and Kevin have installed a lot of parts on the LGT that I didn't want to... :D

-Mike-

• 2 weeks later...
^ I've plugged for them before, they are two blocks from my work. I'm a little frustrated with them at the moment. They do great work, but the sales guy Dave has some work to do in the customer service department. They want cars in by at least 9, and won't tell you when it's going to be done during the day. "We'll call you" turns into calling them at 4:30 to find out it was done at 1:30, sigh. For a race car this is no big deal. For your daily driver this is kinda annoying. Kinda pricey too, I wouldn't want them doing diagnostic work at that hourly rate. Again, they do some of the best work though

• 5 weeks later...

Archived