LegacyGT.com

Weird noises on 07 LGT

Just got an 07 LGT and ive noticed that the car makes a weird grinding noise whenever the engine is under load from 1k RPM - 2300 RPM. it sounds like something lose hitting the bottom of the hood or something of that nature. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem.

hmmmm... is it more like a light chatter noise though? or like a tat-tat-tat-tat-tat even? my car does that soon after starting it up in the morning or under very light load, sounds like it's coming from the hood area on the driver's side.. i wonder if the cover is my problem too, i'll have to check!

thats exactly it, almost like a knocking underneath the hood.

the dealer is going on a test drive with me tommorow morning so we'll see what it is.... but with my luck ill see a nice "could not replicate" on the RO.

if thats the case ill just take off the engine cover one morning and see if the problem is solved.

dealer sent a tech on a test drive with me and he said it could be either the engine cover or piston slap.... ill check the fuel lines

i bet its the prob. just buy oversized rubber hose from an auto store and slit it down the side and slip it over the middle fuel line. prob solved

peace

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

• 5 weeks later...
thats the same sound as mine except mine doesnt go away, even if the car is warm. im getting so fed up with this thing that I might look into lemon lawing the car back. its only been to the dealership once and after they ran good compression tests they told me they would get back to me. its been over a month and no answer. theyve got 2 more chances.

• 4 weeks later...
thats the same sound as mine except mine doesnt go away, even if the car is warm. im getting so fed up with this thing that I might look into lemon lawing the car back. its only been to the dealership once and after they ran good compression tests they told me they would get back to me. its been over a month and no answer. theyve got 2 more chances.

I have an 07 ob gt with 1200 miles and have the same sound. I brang it to the dealer twice and the subaru rep told me it was normal. He said it was the fuel lines making that noise but subaru has no fix for it. The only thing he said I could do was complain to subaru and hopefully enough people complain pressuring subaru to look into the issue. Let me know what your going to do. It's freaking annoying.

Izzy

Archived