Outback winter pictures

amex

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My one month old '06 OBXT non-limited 5 sp man. tran. !!!:icon_mrgr :icon_mrgr

Now I don't have to take the LGT up skiing:icon_bigg

All white OB looks not bad :)

Btw, did you find your LGT on ski trips inadequate ground clearance wise? I mean, did you get stuck, etc?

(honest question, not trying to criticize your OB purchase or anything, especially that you have an LGT wagon :icon_wink).

Never got stuck w/ the LGT!! Needed a replacement for my 03 VW Passat variant, had to have man. tran. and I didn't want a used LGT wagon. I have owned an Outback in the past so I kinda knew what to expect in the handling dept. It corners better than most SUVs and quicker than most. I honestly prefer driving the OBXT on freeway drives---UBERSMOOTH:icon_mrgr Some days I even prefer the looks of the OBXT over the LGT!! Not many though:lol:

Never got stuck w/ the LGT!! Needed a replacement for my 03 VW Passat variant, had to have man. tran. and I didn't want a used LGT wagon. I have owned an Outback in the past so I kinda knew what to expect in the handling dept. It corners better than most SUVs and quicker than most. I honestly prefer driving the OBXT on freeway drives---UBERSMOOTH:icon_mrgr Some days I even prefer the looks of the OBXT over the LGT!! Not many though:lol:

I see. We may actually get another LGT MT wagon - used of course. I think I will keep one at stock height so it should be good enough winter mountain assault vehicle.

^^Yep It's nice being up off the ground when the road gets rough!! Also not having to worry soooo much about my rims hitting potholes ect...

My 18s are still on the LGT!!! I've even taken it up skiing (on clear days) that way!!

Sweet shot, Ruphus!

thanks man. yeah, im taking a trip up to Tremblant in Quebec with 3 friends, all in my OB, ski's and boards on the top (just got a Yakima rack). So I'll be sure to take many more pics up in the mountians and post them when i get back. Not going till march 11th, but thats the peak season, so i expect tons of snow.

The 5 speed auto / sport / manual transmission in my OB is awsome in the snow. I can drop down from thrid or fourth into second and keep it there and slide around corners, its so fun and with the subie AWD its a dream to pull thru the corner.

we just got dumped with another 17 inches here... and there is a driving ban because our plows cant keep up with the snowfall. some crazy storm hit eastern NY, Northern OH and PA last night, and its still going strong.

i must admit, i've driven SUV's, 4WD Trucks, and an Audi S4 wagon here in buffalo and none have driven as well in the snow as the subaru. Even my friends Jeep Wrangler has a tougher time.

Posted this in the wrong thread, here it comes for our Outback winter pictures thread :)

~30cm of fresh snow yesterday. Snapped some photos with my mobile phone when arriving home (bad image quality,yes i know).

1484228135_DSC00025copy.jpg.5445f7e01cd77ea964fa0d7df437ef9a.jpg

150973566_DSC00026copy.jpg.7ba90ab3ef19c03987f9da8fe785c73c.jpg

1810987831_DSC00027copy.jpg.b8b7a98b6489d679a724fd716c1932c2.jpg

Erito I’ve been trying to get outside to play a little in the snow this week but I have been really busy with work, I will try to get some photo ASAP.

We were going to morrum this weekend but I am happy to give this trip a miss. :icon_cool:icon_mrgr

Love this! Reminds me of the WRX video of driving/spinning on ice lakes. I would love to find some wide open area to play.

just found another pic i had on the camera from the same day as the last one. nice side shot here with a rooster tail of snow behind it, haha.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k52/ruphfus/Image2.jpg

Here are some shots from last weeks snowstorm on the East coast. The pics are nothing to write home about but I had a blast rallying around for an hour before getting in a good hours worth of snowshoeing.

Found some beautiful unsanded parking lots courtesy of the town plows where I practiced my WRC technique... :icon_bigg :icon_bigg

1051939822_Feb07b(14).thumb.jpg.50801688f7515905e23238c7b50d39d6.jpg

1391317789_Feb07b(17).thumb.jpg.a9e8ea2f47100128c834356164cfdb8b.jpg

1286833701_Feb07b(9).thumb.jpg.538dcddb78b051b4d434194ac85eab8d.jpg

Guest Gitster
Here are some shots from last weeks snowstorm on the East coast. The pics are nothing to write home about but I had a blast rallying around for an hour before getting in a good hours worth of snowshoeing.

Found some beautiful unsanded parking lots courtesy of the town plows where I practiced my WRC technique... :icon_bigg :icon_bigg

Snowshoeing?? Hey I have a fence that needs painting if you want to waste some time.

Snowshoeing?? Hey I have a fence that needs painting if you want to waste some time.

If you can call getting some fresh air, peace and quiet, sunshine and exercise a waste of time on a day like that we obviously have different ideas. Have fun with your fence.

No Worries, I lived in Utah for 5 years & snowshoeing was a good backup activity to skiing when the resorts got all tracked out. I just went last week in some conservation land near here last week & with the 10" or so of new snow got a surprisingly good workout. Hiked to the highest point in Boxborough MA - which is something like 35 feet above sea level ;)

Definitely had more fun blasting around in the car though...

BTW - I like your grille.

Guest Gitster

Thank You! I copied these guys ... http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22102&highlight=hella+supertone

And these guys:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29392&highlight=filled+diy

And here are better pics:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50001&page=2

Sorry for the Whooooring. The pics are from winter, even though theres no snow here, haha.

Archived