LegacyGT.com

Long Beach Meet, BBQ, Fluid Change&Detail Day

Speedracerx

Gauging interest in putting together a Legacy/WRX engine-tranny-rear end fluid change, pro detail, Meet/BBQ at my work in Long Beach. We have a lift, large parking lot, and a gas BBQ.

Prices will be reasonable/competitive for the fluid change and detailing. It will be a good chance to put your car in the air and check for rubbing, tighten the suspension bolts, etc.

If there is enough interest, then I'll start planning for sometime in January, or???

ADDED: Window tinting...if we get enough cars (5 or more, price is $140 complete)

Gauging interest in putting together a Legacy/WRX engine-tranny-rear end fluid change, pro detail, Meet/BBQ at my work in Long Beach. We have a lift, large parking lot, and a gas BBQ.

Prices will be reasonable/competitive for the fluid change and detailing. It will be a good chance to put your car in the air and check for rubbing, tighten the suspension bolts, etc.

If there is enough interest, then I'll start planning for sometime in January, or???

<Depending on the response, it may be a LGT (only) meet.. any comments?>

LGT only... oh, hells nah. ;) I'd be down for this, although my time in SoCal will be pretty limited in January. Depends when in the month. Mid or later would work best for me post-holidays. Then again, I may not even have my car when I'm back in SoCal, so it would be strictly to hang out, help, and shoot the event.

Will the studio be available? :) Figure that'd be the perfect venue for some nice shots after the cars get detailed. Who's detailing?

-Mike

Hey Speedracerx,

Nice! It's not near me, but I'm always down for a So Cal meet ;).

Yah, it'd depend on the weekend you were planning, I'm down for certain weekends in Dec, and Jan should be cool.

Yah, who's your Detailer? (I'd recommend Evan & Tre (who Ghibli99 has at various meets ;). Evan was at the Dyno Day that Boostjunkie set up; great job!)

And if you opened up the Studio for people to get "Subaru Official Catalog-level" Pix, I think you'd have even more interest, ;):lol:.

Hey Guys thx for the response...

As for detailing, we have a crew onsite and they can handle a bunch of cars...wash, claybar, buff and wax + interior vacuum...probably $100.

We'll do fluid changes on the lift...oil, tranny and rear end...using Torco RTF for the tranny and Torco diff oil for the rear end...all synthetic. Engine oil is BYO and we'll supply the labor. Price is tbd. While on the lift, good chance to check bolts, etc.

As for the studio, we'll see...highly dependent upon the schedule...Paying customers first! Plus, it's not easy to properly light a car...just ask Mike (ghibli99)

The day will either be a Saturday or a Sunday (duh), any preference?

^^^ Hey, no worries on the studio... it was wishful thinking on my part. If I have my Bees by then, however, I may wish a little harder. ;)

I vote for Saturday. This may sound a bit bold, but Saturday, December 23rd sounds kinda good to me. Sort of an early Christmas present to our cars. Only reason I say this is because I know I'll be in SoCal that weekend. :D

-Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, sorry...but doesn't seem to be much interest, and with the weather so unpredictable in January, I'm not sure I want to waste everyone's time trying to pull this off.

However, we're at the shop doing installs almost every Saturday...if people want to stop by to check it out, just PM me.

Yeah, sorry...but doesn't seem to be much interest, and with the weather so unpredictable in January, I'm not sure I want to waste everyone's time trying to pull this off.

However, we're at the shop doing installs almost every Saturday...if people want to stop by to check it out, just PM me.

not enough interest? well the socal crew usually wont plan that far in advance! LOL

i bet if you set at least a tenative date and everything, you'll get a ton more responses..

and plus i was waiting for this to do my 30k service! gotta flush out the good ole radiator, tranny and diffs!

Archived