LegacyGT.com

STi 6-speed w/DCCD......

RS22b

Someones had to have done this swap already. Fess up who is it?

Ok, i need a lil info on this thing.

What drive shaft will be used for my Outback wagon, or better yet what driveshaft did someone use for thier Legacy wagon.

Axles:

Fronts, do they work from the STi? Yes i know about the hubs, im worried about the length of the shaft.

Rears, kinda same thing, but being i cant just bolt on my STi rear hubs with the brakes and am goin to use the R180 rear, do the STi axles fit into the stock rear hubs?

Those are my main concerns about the swap and once i have all the proper parts i will be doin the install prob over a day or 2.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

_billy

YOu are better off taking the 6spd trans, drive shaft, r180 rear end, and axles off a 07 spec b. that way, you could use your ofl hubs. i imagine this would be a straight bolt on swap.

See i would do that, but im after the differentials and the possibility to go to DCCD on it.

I've been doin alot of thinking about this today and have come to realize that there are a few options i can do for the rear, but of course it gets expensive.

Swap the tranny, front hubs and brakes (or possibly just the brakes). Put in a auto GT wagon driveshaft. This will all work just fine.

As far as the rear goes, I will need to retain the stock rear hubs. Which in return means if i want to use the R180 rear i will need some axles made up from the axleshop. Brakes, i might hold out on for a lil bit. Something promising on those possibly in the near future.

I have done many swaps and always like to push things to where i have to sit here and think about it all before goin in and actually taking a stab at it.

Thanks for the idea on the Spec B axles. That was something i hadnt thought about yet.

_billy

That will all work out just fine

A shop is Canada claimed to have done it then shipped the car to Russia about 2 years ago, other than that anyone with those skills is out driving and not posting here :lol:

Lachute performance in Canada. Talk to Julian.

thanks for the info again.

i have already contacted the driveshaft shop and they said they can put the axles together no problem. I just have to check with the Spec-B axles to see if they will fit into the R180 rear without a problem. Obviously if that works i will be doin that instead of having axles built.

Everything is goin to be done and installed by me. Im sure i will be more than happy getting back to something with three diffs again. Although, my Project Broken! L might be done before i even get this tranny swap done, so i will have my 3 diffs again anyways.

_billy

• 2 months later...

Man i just want the dccd, it could be in the 5 speed for all i care because i'll probably end up getting ppg gears so w/ the 6 speed 4&5 would then be pretty much the same gear.

Can you have someone install the dccd in the 5 speed?

i was so stoaked when they were putting the 6 speed in the lgt until i realized no dccd.

Archived