LegacyGT.com

Sti Intake Manifold Any Good?

Guest subiecity

for the base legacy, would there be anygains with an aftermarket intake manifold? or is that just more for the turbo cars

Dude, give it up!:lol: You bought the base motor, live with base power:icon_wink I'm not saying it's a lost cause, but don't keep asking if various bits and pieces from the turbo motors will bolt to your car, because they won't and even if they did they wouldn't do anything.

Guest subiecity
Dude, give it up!:lol: You bought the base motor, live with base power:icon_wink I'm not saying it's a lost cause, but don't keep asking if various bits and pieces from the turbo motors will bolt to your car, because they won't and even if they did they wouldn't do anything.

ii undersatand this is the base model but why u would say that, theres a few parts that do work its a NA motor its not a turbo so there is stuff that has to be worked out its not like theres nothing i can do there are intakes, pulleys headers and exhaust will give sum gains not like turbo but def sum gains, and our na motors are close to the same components besides the doh and sohc, ecu , and turbo charger theres not to much of a difference

i kno for a fact intake manifold will bolt right up almost perfectly fine im just curious if anyone has tried, but i figuerd the intake manifold wouldnt give too much gains but if i upgrade the throttle body witht he intake manifold there would be some sort of a gain just no one has tried it....thats why im asking, so u cant really say dont do it cuz it wont work, if u havent done it yourself

this is why they have legacygt.com so we can ask questions and work things out

Notice the smilies. I'm just messing with you, but I do hope you realize that most of the components you are talking about swapping in probably won't fit and even if they do, the gains will be minimal. There is an old adage in hot rodding: Always buy the biggest motor. Really what it means is buy the motor that makes the most from the factory if you want to build even more power. If you don't buy the most the factory has to offer you will just spend more money later to try and catch up. That's the situation you are in right now.

Doing stuff like swapping on the intake manifold designed for the turbo engine will likely hurt your power, not help it. Porting a throttle body will net you 1-2 hp at most. If you really want more power out of your car you have a couple options. Fully build the motor. High compression pistons, longer rods, maybe up the displacement by boring and stroking the motor. Much hotter cams, upgraded valvetrain and port and polish the heads. Get a standalone engine management system and get it tuned. Probably bigger injectors while you are at it. Full exhaust with headers. Open up the intake and maybe a tuned custom sheetmetal intake manifold. That could get you more than 250 crank hp. It will also easily cost you $15K for the parts and labor and net a car with a less than street friendly powerband.

Your other option... sell the 2.5i and buy an LGT. If you find a similar condition used example the cost difference maybe $4-5K. Add a Protuned AP and you'll make more power than the fully built 2.5i and it will drive vastly better.

I'm not knocking the N/A cars, just injecting some reality to guys wanting to mod them. Anything is possible given enough time, money and effort. You just have to ask yourself if it's worth it. IMHO, no way.

BTW, I also own a Tribeca. It's slow... really slow, especially in comparison to my LGT. However, I have virtually no temptation to mod it for more power. I did cobble together a CAI from some spare parts that I had, and it made more power on the dyno... exactly 4 whp more :lol: For that modest a gain and the increased noise, I took it off. It's tough to find power on most N/A cars. Just a fact of life.

Guest subiecity
no no no i totally understand i wasnt madd or anything i completely understand, but what can be done for he NA motor im gonna attempted to do it, im still waitng for a set of cams to come out, i knew i bought the base model when i was at the dealership, im sticking aorund the basics, full intake, full exhaust, hopefully cams, lightweight pulleys and reprogrammed ecu...im not looking for a certian hp to get up 2 im just trying to natrually aspirate it and get the most out of the NA motor ;)

Guest subiecity
and plus i just like the sleekness look of a scoopless hood......i gotta get pix of my foglights and angels eyes nxt week......instead of the regular oem fogs, i put the fogs Bhind the mesh grille tween the headlights, looks sick and u cant even seem em during the day

Archived