LegacyGT.com

Clutch shake!

Spec B

You can idle along at 5mph in second gear perfectly fine. But yes, sometimes there is little you can do. You can let space open up between you and the car in front and just idle along in first or second gear timing your closing speed.

You can idle along at 5mph in second gear perfectly fine. But yes, sometimes there is little you can do. You can let space open up between you and the car in front and just idle along in first or second gear timing your closing speed.

Yeh, I could start doing that instead of gunning it and slowing down....lol

Yeh, I could start doing that instead of gunning it and slowing down....lol

I see that gunning and slowing all the time in Chicago rush hour traffic. Or guys figuring they're home free by constantly changing lanes that in the end never give them any advantage and instead forces other drivers to step on the brakes which ends up slowing everything down even more. "Paradise lies in front of the car in front of you."

I see that gunning and slowing all the time in Chicago rush hour traffic. Or guys figuring they're home free by constantly changing lanes that in the end never give them any advantage and instead forces other drivers to step on the brakes which ends up slowing everything down even more. "Paradise lies in front of the car in front of you."

Well if people actually drove right in this country and let faster traffic pass instead of slower cars forcing faster traffic to jam up behind them, we could probably eliminate 75% of all traffic jams.

I love my car ... basically.

Well if people actually drove right in this country and let faster traffic pass instead of slower cars forcing faster traffic to jam up behind them, we could probably eliminate 75% of all traffic jams.

Agree. Lane discipline is an alien concept to majority of U.S. "drivers".

I hate LLBs, but I also hate MLBs (middle lane blockers). People hog middle lane like it was their own. Brits did a research on that and concluded that middle lane hogs decrease highway throughput by 40%. They have started a campaing to fight it.

Is it an Anglo-Saxon problem to "own" something all the time (lane in this case)? Why Germans don't do that? :iam:

KEEP FAR RIGHT FTW!!

Agree. Lane discipline is an alien concept to majority of U.S. "drivers".

I hate LLBs, but I also hate MLBs (middle lane blockers). People hog middle lane like it was their own. Brits did a research on that and concluded that middle lane hogs decrease highway throughput by 40%. They have started a campaing to fight it.

Is it an Anglo-Saxon problem to "own" something all the time (lane in this case)? Why Germans don't do that? :iam:

KEEP FAR RIGHT FTW!!

well i think most people drive in the middle because faster traffic comes up on them on both sides and they feel the right right lane in the semi lane. This would fix itself if faster traffic would only pass on the left.

Ok back on topic lol.

I love my car ... basically.

well i think most people drive in the middle because faster traffic comes up on them on both sides and they feel the right right lane in the semi lane. This would fix itself if faster traffic would only pass on the left.

Ok back on topic lol.

What were we talking about again? LOL

Double clutch. Clutch in, shift to neutral, clutch out, blip the throttle to (approximately) match revs, clutch in, shift to new gear, clutch out. If done right, there should be very little clutch and synchro wear. With practice, it becomes second nature and can all be done in about a second.

I never understood why ppl would double clutch in normal driving. Not cool to be traction-less when unnecessary, even if it's half a second...

I wouldn't do this on a normal basis. I don't normally have to downshift unless i hit traffic. A lot of the time, I just shift to nuetral and coast into the stop/red light.

Clutchless shifts were super easy on the 2-stroke dirtbikes, and I've done a few in previous cars, but I haven't dared to try it in the LGT yet. Where does the sweet spot seem to be?

I only try it now at low rpms and low power. Very rarely I'll get a feeling that I know the shift point at higher rpms and have some decent changes but the occassional grind stops me from trying very often.

Archived