LegacyGT.com

Questions about the 07 spec B

Strabismo

I just went to see a 07 spec B and I REALLY liked it. But the salesman told me some things I'm wondering if it's true:

-Does the VDC really reduces the understeer?

-Is it true that because of the viscous coupler, you can lock the rear wheels (handbrake) while driving and it won't be bad for the center differential just like it does on a WRX? That sounds like BS to me.

-Is it true that you can update the GPS nav system? How?

-Is it true that handling is superior to a WRX's?

-Is it true that the transmission is softer than anything else in subaru? (couldn't really test without a test drive)

I just went to see a 07 spec B and I REALLY liked it. But the salesman told me some things I'm wondering if it's true:

-Does the VDC really reduces the understeer?

-Is it true that because of the viscous coupler, you can lock the rear wheels (handbrake) while driving and it won't be bad for the center differential just like it does on a WRX? That sounds like BS to me.

-Is it true that you can update the GPS nav system? How?

-Is it true that handling is superior to a WRX's?

-Is it true that the transmission is softer than anything else in subaru? (couldn't really test without a test drive)

Im not a pro, so Im only going to speculate on this...

VDC reduce understeer: There are two ways to think about this... 1) is that understeer would actually be increased due to the electronic control and it not letting you get "out of control" so it makes you understeer even more. 2) it reduces the understeer BECAUSE it has VDC and if you screw yourself up, then the electronic control in the car will actually correct itself, thus allowing it to have less understeer.

Update the GPS: I would assume you can download firmware updates from the GPS maker and burn it to a CD, then update the firmware through the CD on your GPS.

Handbrake not messing up the center diff: I cant tell you anything on this other than if the WRX has it, its possible that the Spec B does as well... I do know that the DRL's will turn off if you move the handbrake 1 click... It could have an electronic system where it disengages the rear diff when you handbrake it...

Superior handling: I can almost garuantee its not better than an STI, but its possible its better than the stock WRX, its not too far fetched to think thats possible considering that with a few upgrades to the regular GT it can handle just as well as a WRX, if not better...

And NO idea about the transmission... Couldnt even speculate...

Again, this is not from a book, or based on any REAL information... But to me it would seem that this isnt too far fetched... Just a thought...

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Archived