LegacyGT.com

ok so are the wrx awd and legacy awd different and how sorry for the newb question haha oh cuz one of my friends told me the the most of the power goes to the right so his alginment is fucked up he got his fixed a bunch of time blah blah blah and he tells me that same thing going to happen to me so have any of you have this happen with the legacy thanks

after his question, he mentioned that his friend's wrx had most of its power go to the right side wheels, which affected his alignment.. and his friend is warning him the same problem will happen with toshiba2.5's legacy... so he wants to know if there are any differences between the wrx awd system and the legacy awd system..

well, my take is that the wrx has a Continuous AWD System, just like the Legacy 2.5i manual... the only difference is that the wrx comes with LSD (limited slip differential), while the legacy 2.5i does not... from what i understand, the lsd sends more power to the wheels with more grip, which seems to describe the problem your friend is facing.... but since the legacy 2.5i does not have lsd, you shouldn't have such a problem....

take a look here for more information: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48112

I think toshiba2.5's friend smacks curbs with his right front wheel but has a deep-seated need to blame someone/something else for his alignment problems. My partner's on his 2nd WRX and neither of them nor my LGT has any alignment issues. I can assure you that all 3 regularly put all available power to the pavement, so "the power" isn't screwing up the alignment.

no way powering the wheels with the most grip is not a problem it is a solution ok so the wrx awd and legacy awd are different right but they are both good even for newbies ha ha oh cuz this guys friends alignment is not that only thing thats fucked thats why he has whatever problem he has and it hasnt really ever been fixed blah blah blah the same thing will only happen to toshiba2.5 if he runs into curbs like dkb_satx said you know no it doesnt happen to any of us with our legacys ok thanks bye

I thought the whole right-sided thing had to do with the turbo pull, not the awd. And I thought the Legacy was engineered to eliminate the turbo pull, that's something the newer Sub awd resolved compared to a front-wheel-drive or a front-wheel-drive-biased turbo.

I thought the whole right-sided thing had to do with the turbo pull, not the awd. And I thought the Legacy was engineered to eliminate the turbo pull, that's something the newer Sub awd resolved compared to a front-wheel-drive or a front-wheel-drive-biased turbo.

??? What is "turbo pull?" If we didn't have turbo pull, then our cars would be slow. :)

Maybe you mean torque steer? :icon_conf

thats torque steer, not "turbo-pull"

Archived