LegacyGT.com

New to Subarus: Looking at the GT Limited

Smashraj84

Well, I would like to be able to push it when I want to and cruise when I don't want to "beat on" it, but I also don't want to have to take it to the shop every month, like my damn Audi. Reliability is one of the most important things with me after when I've gone through with my Audi. It's such a hassle of money,time, and borrowing someone else's car that I'd really like to do that as few times as possible.

Don't worry they are far from fragile. Check the site you will see alot of people run stage 2 for over a year with no problem. Some even autox and drag race their cars on the weekend and drive them everyday.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Go out and test drive the LGT. And make sure you push it to some limits. It will sell itself! :)

Just remember swaybars will fix the body roll and not hurt the ride.:)

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Actually, I own a 2007 Sub Legacy GT Sedan and it has controls on the steering wheel, but they are for tiptronic like shifting NOT audio. It's the same on Spec B...not for audio.

I am very pleased with my purchase. I've been driving it for about 2 weeks and ordered it with all the bells and whistles, including the VDC (variable drive control) which comes with Navigation, remote starter and satellite radio. The additional upgrades in 2007 already mentioned (all back seats fold down, MP3 plug in and SI for turbo control/fuel efficiency) are really nice.

It drives great and I am also coming from an Audi A4 Quattro - although mine was 1997. I made a decision to go with Subaru based on desire for AWD, nice sedan with all features with A LOT better reliability than Audi. I wouldn't have kept mine for as long as I did (4 1/2 yrs) except that I bought a Wynn's after market warranty with it and probably paid for it 2 - 3 times, even though it cost $1800!

I think Subaru is truly competing with those entry level European sedans and they have a lot more experience in AWD than Volvo and BMW, which is why I eliminated them in my analysis. A similar Audi to a fully loaded Subaru would cost $10-$15k more....

Actually, I own a 2007 Sub Legacy GT Sedan and it has controls on the steering wheel, but they are for tiptronic like shifting NOT audio. It's the same on Spec B...not for audio.

Auto GT's get up/down shifters buttons, Spec B's get stereo (they have to since they dont sell the SpecB in skirt version)

Auto GT's get up/down shifters buttons, Spec B's get stereo (they have to since they dont sell the SpecB in skirt version)

By skirt version, I assume you mean automatic. Unfortunately, because my wife will also be driving this car I am getting an automatic, no matter what car I get. :(

Then you cant have radio buttons (unless you look into the Tribeca wheel, not sure if anyone has done that yet).

sup yall.

I was told by a Subie dealership in Columbus that the '05 GT (ltd) was equipped to handle audio control from the steering wheel

I have already ordered the $130 replacement wiring/buttons ( i had to use a spec b. vin) but my new dealership in ann arbor said they didnt know if it will work.

because it is cold here, and i am lazy, im gonna wait to get confirmation that it does work in the GT before taking apart the dash.

so.

Does anyone know if the GT '05 is capable of audio controls on the steering wheel???

Hey all,

I test drove the 2.5i Limited and liked the drive and the interior and everything a ton. The power wasn't as good as my Audi (obviously). I'm hoping the GT fixes that. They didn't have any GTs, but they are getting a couple in this week, so I'll be test driving one of them later.

Archived