LegacyGT.com

Quiet muffler options?

BlueDevil

I'm interested in a set of fairly quiet mufflers for my 05 LGT wagon. I'm looking for a little sound because we all know how sweet the boxer sounds, but my wife rides with me a lot and may drive on occasion, so I want to keep it subdued.

Thanks!!

3" Downpipe with a 3" Y pipe and stock mufflers :icon_wink

running this setup now. purrs a little more at idle, but is only slightly louder then 3"dp with stock mid and y. No one has been able to tell the difference. The engine, turbo, and gear whine are louder. definitely does not sound like any aftermarket exhuast so I would think you would be unhappy. also backfiring is easier and more common, but you can avoid that by keeping the revs down under no load.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

IMHO, if you keep the stock DP and midpipe just about any set of mufflers is pretty mild. If you are looking for a bit more sound on the cheap then just get a muffler shop to weld up a couple Magnaflows with some tips you like.

seriously the cobb dp my far made the most noticable change in the way the my lgt sounds- turbo whine, waste gate, recirc, exhuast tone.

so installing the perrin mid and y later on didn't really change anything. like i said earlier the engine, turbo noises, and gear whine are louder then the exhaust. if i changed the mufflers then that would change and the exhaust would be louder.

hope that helps.

oh yeah the shiny bling under the rear of the car looks nice :)

peace

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

While I certainly believe that a catback should be a functional performance part and the one I helped develop certainly is, there are others who look at it as a cosmetic and audible mod. That's fine with me too. Looks and sound can be just as important to some people and if a pretty exhaust that sounds good makes them happy there's nothing wrong with that.

Where can I get a Y pipe that will bolt up to the stock mufflers and how much will it cost me

any others besides perrin

avo sells one as well but its about $700 while the perrin is about $450

Lachute sells their res/Y separately for about $700. It's a very nice piece.

if a catback from lets say Greddy is about 850...muffler..Y-pipe and all......

why would a Y-pipe alone from Perrin or AVO sell btw 450-700?!

And all along i was planning to purchase the AVO type 2 mufflers.....now if i want to convert that into a catback i would have to pay $700 to AVO on top of the $680 for the muffler alone?

if a catback from lets say Greddy is about 850...muffler..Y-pipe and all......

why would a Y-pipe alone from Perrin or AVO sell btw 450-700?!

And all along i was planning to purchase the AVO type 2 mufflers.....now if i want to convert that into a catback i would have to pay $700 to AVO on top of the $680 for the muffler alone?

avo charges as much as they want and the perrin isnt a bad deal at $450. its a very nice piece and highly polished.

rear cans cost 400-600 anyways. lets say you decide to get the avo type 2 down the road. $450+700 = 1150. not that bad of a deal considering its only slightly more then the greddy your comparing too and you have avo cans. you could easily use different cans and pay the same as the greddy. avo is the problem. ballas only.

i would just wait for some1 to sell their perrin or avo mid and y and jump on it. picked my perrin up for $300.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Archived