LegacyGT.com

Swaybar rant

Deer Killer

Are they newly redesigned? I hope for your sake they are...
According to Sean at Rallitek, they have been redesigned to work better with lowered cars (not an issue for me). As best I could tell when I put it on, the rear bar matched the OEM bar's shape bend for bend - it was the front bar that was completely straight in the middle - something which honestly to me, makes a lot more sense since it fits just fine. The width was once again identical though...no fitup issues whatsoever.

Also, I'm not sure if the front bar changed, but it has washers welded to the bar on the inside of each bushing to prevent it from sliding around - something I haven't seen on any other bar out there. ~edit~ Here's a pic:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c161/JazzyMT/FrontSwaybar.jpg

You can see generally using the bushing mount as a reference that the bar is not short.

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

I was told by a friend that when I install the anti sway bars.... that it will eat up the thread at the Sides of my tires. I would think that between lower the car (lower center of gravity) along with the anti sway... the car would be more flat... and the weight of the car in turns would be more even. What has your experience been? I drive about 100 miles a day back andfourth to work.... and buying tires once a year would stink.

^^ You know what, my brother in law said that too (automotive engineer). At least that I would have increased wear on the tires. I don't know how. Maybe since the car was designed to flex a certain way, but is no longer flexing as much. I can see increased wear by taking turns more spiritedly though :) To my knowledge, I can't see any increased wear. When I replaced my Re92s the wear on them was even. I guess frequent tire rotations probably help with that.

I can see if the car is suddenly capable of taking a turn 20 miles an hour faster then before lowering with anti sways going thru tires faster... but (for example) if you normally took a turn at 50, and you continue to do so... I would think that the wear would be better since the weight for be flat. Although I do question if I would continue to take the turn at 50, now that I could do take it a 70. Can wait to January to get them installed. Probably getting the Perrin endlinks after all.

i am having horrible "clunk clunk clunk" from the rear right, i think the endlinks are dead, what is the best endlink to buy to get rid of the clunk? especially now in the cold, its horrible....

Make suer your rear sway bar is not sliding side to side. That was the problem with some bars and they fixed it with clamps. What bars do you have? What springs? Is it lowered?

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

truthfully i don't know what sway i have i assume stock(bought the car modded) but it was the sti pinks, which lowers the car :D i will take a look at the sway bar and make sure its not moving side to side, but i doubt thats the problem, today being a sunny and severe heat of 45 degrees outside (chicago has hi of 18 last sunday) the sound was very much reduced and after about 30-60 in of driving the noise went away, as the car shas wared up, the suspention/underside of car heated up.... .and on cold days its VERY appearent that there is a noise, sounds like a flat tire, where the rubber is hitting the fender, but it isn't cause i got out of the car like 3-4 times thinking it was a flat
Ex '05 Legacy GT

1) H & R lowering springs (lowers cars almost 1 1/2 inches).

2) Perrin F + R anti sways.....

3) Still on the fence regarding the End links. Will likely get Perrin's endlinks.. and just have everything installed at once.

I have to wait until Jan until the guys I trust (they installed the Apexcone HID kit, and Borla CBE) to do the install.

Cusco's front and rear with iON sport spec springs. No issues.

Only thing I noticed and noticed while using the stock RSB is that I do get a chatter or rubbing in the back when I floor it from a dead stop or slow roll with boost up of course. Then it goes away. I've inspected the sway bar and found no rubbing.:iam:

Archived