LegacyGT.com

Swaybar rant

Deer Killer

Ok, as far as I can count there are at least 8 different entries for LGT sway bars, and all of them have problems... ok, like, WTF huh? X rubs if you lower, Y hits Z, Bar is 1 inch too short and destroys endlinks, etc, etc. Would it have bothered anyone to run the suspension through it's full range before shipping these things? Lowered or not, the suspension can go into that geometry stock, just needs the right set of circumstances.. If it rubs when lowered it will rub stock, and I'm not touching it. Looking at everybody's pictures of problems all I can say is "duh", I would have taken them out without even driving them if I saw those horrible geometry problems.

Wallet closing....

</end of rant>

I've never had any probs with Cusco....been on the car for almost 2yrs now. I do have probs with endlinks however.

Whats wrong with your endlinks? My cusco with stock endlinks still good 24k.

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

I just bought H + R lowering springs from tirerack.com for 229$. They lower the car 1.3 (Rear) and 1.4 (Front).

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/Susptabl.jsp?autoMake=Subaru&autoModel=Legacy+Sedan+2.5+GT&autoYear=2006&autoModClar=Limited&brand=all

I'm getting Perrin's F + R anti sway bars W/O replacing endlinks. I can always replace them later....

Getting both put on at the same time...

Any thoughts from you suspension experts?

Whats wrong with your endlinks? My cusco with stock endlinks still good 24k.

I've assploded 2 sets of spherical bearings. :lol:

I will not use stock endlinks with a larger sway. After seeing what they did on my Rx-8, hell no! Twisted pretzels.

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

I bought the cheapest swaybars I could find - IPD, and they work great. No problems.
[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

which ones did you assplode and which ones are you using now? I have AVO in my trunk I haven't installed.

I have used Perrin and Poltec. One was the front, the second was the rear. I am going to say to hell with spherical bearings and get a bushing style. If I can break rubber, there is no hope. :lol:

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

I bought the cheapest swaybars I could find - IPD, and they work great. No problems.

didn't you just install them a week ago? :lol:

the general problem here is that manufacturers are making a replacement part, not a 'system' upgrade. That said, it does seem some vendors didn't bother to do any real world testing before selling them.

Cusco's seem to have the best fit and I like the rubber bushings (quiet and no grease!), but they don't fit like OEM (not that this is a problem for 99.9% of owners). Nothing does, but OEM that is.

the general problem here is that manufacturers are making a replacement part, not a 'system' upgrade. That said, it does seem some vendors didn't bother to do any real world testing before selling them.

Cusco's seem to have the best fit and I like the rubber bushings (quiet and no grease!), but they don't fit like OEM (not that this is a problem for 99.9% of owners). Nothing does, but OEM that is.

With the cold whether I got mild squeekig sound from the rear, noticeable when driving really slow, like 5 mph, actually when coming to stop or pulling away from stop. Would you think that PU rsb bushings might be at fault?

100% yes. A stiff rubber bushing is the way to go for noise free operation. Sure, racers will say a PU gives better control, but how many of you will notice the difference vs. complaining about noise?

Uh, yea, only about 6 weeks - maybe I misunderstood the question, is the "clunk" something that develops over time? :icon_conf I drive my car on rather rough roads around town - lots of bouncing around and recently took a 2k mile road trip. No clunks to be found.

I did notice the front end is getting squeeky though...not too happy about that...I loaded it with grease, but perhaps the "newness" of them rubbed it off quickly? I will regrease soon.

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

Uh, yea, only about 6 weeks - maybe I misunderstood the question, is the "clunk" something that develops over time? :icon_conf I drive my car on rather rough roads around town - lots of bouncing around and recently took a 2k mile road trip. No clunks to be found.

I did notice the front end is getting squeeky though...not too happy about that...I loaded it with grease, but perhaps the "newness" of them rubbed it off quickly? I will regrease soon.

Are they newly redesigned? I hope for your sake they are...

When they first came out, the front bar is too short, by almost 2 inches. The rear bar? Man...I didn't even want to talk about that POS. If you search for post that I made about IPD, you would see what I went through.

So I hope they redesigned them, and I hope you got redesigned ones.

Archived