LegacyGT.com

front sway install, please help fast car on bricks

spicish22

i was wondering if anybody knows how to get the nuts of off the front end links. they seem to just keep spinning.

i tried first with the car on jacks then i remember a lot of people saying that they used ramps (which i do not have) so now i have the car sitting on bricks tried getting them off again and they are still just spinning. am i doing something wrong. are you suppose to do the end links of Support brackets first?

any immediate help would be greatly appreciate since my car is still one the bricks

^^ It's either that, or there's a hex keyway in the end of the bolt, I think it's a 5.0mm metric hex. So you need to use an allen wrench in the tip of the bolt plus an open-ended wrench on the nut. An impact wrench would also get the job done, if you can beg borrow or steal on of those.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

The stud is the end of a ball. If you try to turn the nut, the entire stud will turn since it is a ball.

You need to insert an allen wrench (hex key) into the end of the stud to prevent it from spinning. It's obvious once you remove it. If you are still having trouble picturing it, I will take a picture of it when I get home. I have a stock endlink sitting on my workbench.

there's a hex keyway in the end of the bolt, I think it's a 5.0mm metric hex. So you need to use an allen wrench in the tip of the bolt plus an open-ended wrench on the nut. An impact wrench would also get the job done, if you can beg borrow or steal on of those.

Ding ding ding winner :)

Voted best thread title ever :lol::lol::lol::lol:

^^ It's either that, or there's a hex keyway in the end of the bolt, I think it's a 5.0mm metric hex. So you need to use an allen wrench in the tip of the bolt plus an open-ended wrench on the nut. An impact wrench would also get the job done, if you can beg borrow or steal on of those.

This is the correct answer but a word of caution, mine were on so tight that my allen socket snapped right off when I tried to loosen it. I eventually got it off after soaking the nut with PB Blaster and then using my impact wrench to get it off. (I subsequently used the impact wrench to put it on as well.)

any immediate help would be greatly appreciate since my car is still one the bricks

Please be careful under there. Bricks are brittle and can easily crack while you're under there bangin' and torqin' on the bolts.

We wouldn't want to see your next post as "please help fast man in cast."

thanks for all the help

skids - just the sway

some how my friend got them off with channel locks, i have no idea how he did it

its funny how something that seemed like it shoud take like an hour or so ended up taking like 3.5-4. after we got the end link bolts off the two bolts the hold on the metal brace under wouldnt come off, even with an impact gun. so they had to soak for like 45 mins. then i ended up using the top half of the jack stand like a cheater bar on the rachet. after that i was getting pretty excited, got the old one out the new one in n then got to one of the last bolts to go back in... Some how we stripped one thread on the bolt for the sway bracket. after a nice trip to pep boys and some dinner we got her all buttoned up. woohoooo

i dont remember the rear being difficult at all

And she's off the bricks...

Archived