LegacyGT.com

Test Drive: 2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT spec.B

scottmcphee

Here's a Canadian review of driving the spec. B, click the link:

Test Drive: 2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT spec.B

price as tested, merely CAD $46,600.

They peg alternatives as:

Competitors for the Legacy spec.B include the MazdaSpeed6, Nissan Maxima SE, and VW Passat 3.6, in addition to luxury models like the Acura TSX, Lexus IS 250, and BMW 328i.

They peg alternatives as:

Competitors for the Legacy spec.B include the MazdaSpeed6, Nissan Maxima SE, and VW Passat 3.6, in addition to luxury models like the Acura TSX, Lexus IS 250, and BMW 328i.

BMW 328i is a luxury model?! :lol: Maybe a fake Rolex, compliments of BMW, would add to the panache? Vinyl seats = unluxury model.

That article lists the 07 Spec. to be 200lbs heavier than the LGT. :eek:

The navigation problem they had was operator ignorance which is understandable. All your have to do to cancel guidance is to chose "route options" and then "cancel route guidance". Their other troubles stemmed from the same unfamiliarity as well.

Nice accuracy:

"...inline 4..."

"...Spec B exclusives...vehicle stability control...navigation..."

But otherwise, a well thought-out article.

Hey, mentioned this on the author's blog, and got him to FIX THE ARTICLE, now says,

Starting with the powertrain, the spec.B shares its engine with the Legacy GT models: a 2.5-litre turbocharged and intercooled horizontally-opposed (aka "boxer") four that pumps out 243 hp and 241 lb-ft of torque.

Good work for pointing that out!

Scott

"But the system faltered in two ways: first, it didn't necessarily take us to our destination in the most direct manner. The driver makes the choice of whether to allow freeways and toll roads on the route, but the system seemed to ignore those directions, taking us on side roads that ran parallel to the QEW until I drove over to the QEW, forcing the system to rethink the directions it was giving us. The other frustration was that we couldn't figure out how to disable the route guidance if, for example, we decided to go a different way or had a change of plans."

hahaah... not. Subaru needs to buy a few parts from Acura I see...

And quite pricey to be competing with those cars they listed...

As I noted, the reviewers didn't know how to operate the system. Both the "problems" they encountered were due to their ignorance. In the "side road" instance, it clearly seems that they choose the "avoid freeways" option and as they didn't even know how to cancel the guidance, well, what can you say except operator ignorance.

Vimy, it's not the "easiest" NAV to work with.

It took me some time to figure out how to get to cancel guidance (couple weeks), and I'm technically inclined. But I was driving at the time and didn't want to press a whole bunch of buttons to figure it out since I already knew where I was going.

Vimy, it's not the "easiest" NAV to work with.

It took me some time to figure out how to get to cancel guidance (couple weeks), and I'm technically inclined. But I was driving at the time and didn't want to press a whole bunch of buttons to figure it out since I already knew where I was going.

:rtfm:

:icon_mrgr

LOL. I'm not big on reading manuals. I believe it should be self intuitive.

You just have to learn it. At one point, the demonstration DVD mentions that there are many different ways to use the NAV system. That is so true. There is a $hitload of info in the system and its all there at your finger tips. It's like learning a musical instrument. Get some solid basics down and soon you're making some music.

Archived