LegacyGT.com

SPT Exhaust. Is it worth the money?

supa_fresh911

With Xmas time coming up, i was looking into upgrading my exhaust. The problem is if i do something, it cannot affect my warranty. I've read different things where people say that its good and others that say it sucks. If I wanted to get SPT exhaust, where would i order it and how much do you think it would cost. Another thing, what are some cheep mods that i can do to my LGT that wouldnt affect my warranty?

Modding & Warranties, are almost always mutually exclusive....

IF you are worried about warranty preservation, DO NOT MODIFY any components that you would like to have covered! I know that's not the answer you were looking for, but it is the truth!

Its got a lot to do with your dealer and what mods you do. If you put on a air filter and your oil pump goes there is little doubt they wont warrenty the pump. But if your MAF goes bad then its a whole different fight.

:dm: 2007 DGM LGT :dm:

:icon_twis 2003 Suzuki SV650S :icon_twis

well my dealer is tough on mods. Like i asked them to fix the terrible 05 dash rattle and they declined to do so under warranty due to the fact that i have a cubby pod with guages, i mean come on, the rattle is in the dash itself and me adding a cubbypod modified the center stack not the dash.

But anyway, i have a catback(greddy) and have been in many times and they said that was ok bc it really didnt effect anything. Tech told me if i wanted to make a claim for a stock cat-back component then, i was out of luck.

So, the idea with modding is that you wont loose your warranty. You will just loose it on the part that you modified. I.E. inkate voids stock intake box and filter. Catback voids stock catback. Make sence?

if you talk to a dealer though 99% of the time a cat back exhaust system can not hurt your car and will not viod warranty on it.

id also like to add my opinion... i personally say no. i dont think it is. aem/dc sports makes it for them from what i gather and well dc makes a crap product from my experience.

its running 1100 if i recall right... and well you can get a lot better quality products for that. hell the trust/greddy goes for 900. hks is now out retail is 1300 so id guess you are looking at 1100 and well id much rather have hks any day over aem/dc sports.

Archived