LegacyGT.com

FL people: Do you use 5W-30 or 10W-30 motor oil?

ssekien

Going to be going to a synthetic motor oil soon (probably Pennzoil Platinum), and looking at the manufacturer specs 10W-30 would be fine. Just wondering what you guys are using and if there are any disadvantages that I'm not seeing in using a 10W-30?

10w30.... made the switch to it before 10k was on the car.

Pennzoil Platinum is a excellent choice for what is costs @ Walmart (under 20) for the 5qt container I change it @ 4k.

According to Bobtheoilguy testing it holds up better than Mobil1 & just as good as Mobil1 EP:)

On average I'll use just under 1/2 a qt in the 4k mile interval.

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Interesting. Can you share more info... why, where to get, etc.

Motul 8100 X-Cess 5W-40, comes in a 5 Litre Container, less consumption that comparable 5W30's, certified by Audi, Porsche and Volvo for use in their turbocharged engines and is working great in my GT. I'm only using about 1/2 quart in between oil changes in hot, stop & go traffic mixed with 80mph+ Interstate commute during my 64 mile round trip to work everyday.

I get mine from Mastro Subaru

Motul 8100 X-Cess 5W-40, comes in a 5 Litre Container, less consumption that comparable 5W30's, certified by Audi, Porsche and Volvo for use in their turbocharged engines and is working great in my GT. I'm only using about 1/2 quart in between oil changes in hot, stop & go traffic mixed with 80mph+ Interstate commute during my 64 mile round trip to work everyday.

I get mine from Mastro Subaru

Quanto peso?

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
4QTS 5W50 Quaker State, full syn + 1QT marvel mystery oil. no problems.

I know a guy who blew the rings using MMO. Total smoke show. Been told the stuff is mostly kerosene-like. Dunno.

Have you had any oil analysis done? Would be curious to see your wear on a sample that had no make-up oil added. Thinking you're cutting the 5W- to ??W.

Archived