LegacyGT.com

I'm going to smack the next B*&#% to recommend a Pinot

Brady

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting to think that we need to have an off-topic sub-forum for food and drink. Maybe a Beer Review compendium, Wine Review compendium, and a Recipe Review compendium ...

Well, it was a thought.

I'm starting to think that we need to have an off-topic sub-forum for food and drink. Maybe a Beer Review compendium, Wine Review compendium, and a Recipe Review compendium ...

Well, it was a thought.

No it is much better to have a discussion going, then have a moderator come in and toss verbal grenades over the wall and hide behind a couch. Silly moderator :lol:

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

We are a silly bunch :lol: But seriously I never pick California wines, for the cost I just think there are better. Im usaly happy with wines out of Australia.

Brady - this isnt the Betty Crocker foum :lol:

I do think its a good idea to have a thread where we post up wines we like and some of the characteristics (cost, type, pros, cons, etc.)

We are a silly bunch :lol: But seriously I never pick California wines, for the cost I just think there are better. I am usaly happy with wines out of Australia.

We like to buy Georgian wine and lately had some luck with Chilean wines as well.

I would recommend Khvanchkara

http://www.rileyswinesoftheworld.com/wine/khvanchkara_600.jpg

By the way Stalin liked it too.

Guest JessterCPA
Riesling isnt a dessert wine by default. there are many rieslings you would drink with dinner.

+1

My family loves the Dr Loosen Riesling, and we have a few bottles with almost every meal. Of course it's on the sweet side of things, but by no means is it a dessert wine.

Jesse

The only meal where a Riesling would come to mind is Sushi and that’s because we go to this great BYOB around the corner and split a bottle and that’s what she likes. What type of food are you eating?

I’m much more of a full body guy, but willing to learn.

Guest JessterCPA
The only meal where a Riesling would come to mind is Sushi and that’s because we go to this great BYOB around the corner and split a bottle and that’s what she likes. What type of food are you eating?

I’m much more of a full body guy, but willing to learn.

I have it primarily with appetizers, such as prosciutto, fresh mozzerella, stuffed mushroom, roasted red peppers, olives, cream cheese filo cups, roasted oysters.

Usually once the meal hits I go for the red, but most of my family stays with the Loosen.

Jesse

Pics of said wine fridge?

it's a eurocave performance 283. looks something like this, but all black and with less shelving (more storage).

http://www.vintagecellars.com/images/vintage/products/popup/eurocavep283t1.jpg

it's a eurocave performance 283. looks something like this, but all black and with less shelving (more storage).

http://www.vintagecellars.com/images/vintage/products/popup/eurocavep283t1.jpg

:drool:

Color me jealous!

These suckers hold ALOT of wine. Make sure your homeowners insurance covers wine. I very good friend of mine had a unit similar to this, probably not the same make. Anyway, the compressor went Tango Uniform and turned into a wine heater.

He cooked $36,000 worth of red wine! Covered with a nice big check from his insurance company after months of wrangling over the assessed value of the wine.

He decided not to invest the money in wine again and bought an Infiniti instead.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

Hey guys! :p Why's no one talking about Trader Joe wine? The new $5 variety is exxxxccelllent. :D

I'm a Syrah and Cab fan myself although someone just bought a couple bottles of Brunello (sp?) out at dinner the other night and DAMN they were good. Not $75 good, but definitely better then what I'm used to.

I like the Washington and Australian wines. Why? Good price for a good taste. Lots of times up here the WA wines are $6-8 off in stores so a good bottle only runs $10-12. :) Once Costco wins the liquor battle up here we can get rid of the silly minimum markups and wine will be even cheaper and Makers will be $33 per 1.75L like Cali!!!! :D:D:D

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

This makes me want to start a beer thread. :)

I'm not a wine drinker, but I do treat beer like many people treat their wine.

I'll just add this comment: For anyone who claims they don't like beer, but have only drunk American macro-crap light and/or adjunct lagers, then they are missing out on dozens of other styles that are far better.

It's kind of like drinking MD 20/20 and saying you don't like wine. :p

I :wub:

http://www.corman-collins.be/biere/chimay/bleue.jpg

Once Costco wins the liquor battle up here we can get rid of the silly minimum markups and wine will be even cheaper and Makers will be $33 per 1.75L like Cali!!!! :D:D:D

Care to illuminate the "minimum markups?" Is this some market protectionist thing that the liquor distributors in WA got a law written for?

I used to live in Michigan and could never understand the "no alcohol sales before noon on Sundays". What if I want a bloody mary with my Sunday brunch?

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

Anybody here ever have Bull's Blood? Not a great wine, but a great story behind it.

As the story goes, back in 1552 the Eger fortress was under attack, and the defenders were badly outnumbered. To fortify themselves and give themselves courage, they drank the local red wine in large amounts, and the wine spilled on them while they did so. When the attackers saw the men running towards them with red liquid all down their chests, they thought the locals had been drinking bull's blood, and they fled in terror.

http://www.winelabels.org/image/bullblod.jpg

Archived