LegacyGT.com

USDM Lancer EVO frt brembo calipers

EJ255_alan

Hi, I just wonder if the USDM lancer EVO frt brembo calipers are same as the ones we see on STI?

and say if it happens to be the same, I'll need the items below to make it work w/ my GT right?

>brake pads and related clips n pins

>the bracket for caliper(as it was sold as caliper only) *the bracket between knuckle and caliper*

>bigger rotors

>wheels that can host this badboy

that's about it correct??

I'm also consdier about getting Subaru 4 pots featured on STi ver.4-6....any comments??

thanks in advance

alan

if someone can get me the rotor size of the EVO, I might be able to figure it out..too bad when I was trying to conduct a little research at DBA's site, their catalogue was disabled so i can't look for what I want there(as they show the rotor dimensions in their catalogue)

thanks

alan

I don't think so!

The Evo's Brembo's share only the pad size with the Sti's. Just about everything else is different:

Mounting Ears - WILL NOT work, even with brackets

Rotor's are 32mm vs 30mm

Rotor offsets also will not work.

The same would go for G35 or TL caliper's. They all have custom cast mounting ears and rotor's, which are model specific. Only the pads would be interchangeable.

With brackets to interface with the bolts to the ears on the calipers, and the bolts to the hub, it will work. You'll need to get a different sized rotor (larger diameter as you are moving the caliper even more outward), which you can spec along with the 5x100 hub pattern when you're looking for rotors.

Seriously, if you are hell-bent enough to make them work, they will.

If Fiero guys can fit corvette brakes onto their cars (different everything), I don't see how this is any different.

I'm sure with enough $$$ and effort it could eventually be done, but unless you're very good at math/measuring, or have deep pocket's, this endeavor will cost you much more than just picking up a Kit designed to fit from the get go...

I'm sure with enough $$$ and effort it could eventually be done, but unless you're very good at math/measuring, or have deep pocket's, this endeavor will cost you much more than just picking up a Kit designed to fit from the get go...

Effort, time yes...money? That's can be pretty variable depending on how much you're willing to do the first to. Once the brackets have been designed, paying a machine shop to make it isn't going to be a lot of $$ as you would think. As for rotors, if you just want something that will work and not be bling-bling with a name-brand or anything, there are plenty of domestic race shops that do custom brake setups all the time that can find the right rotor size w/ right offset and drill the hub pattern you specify.

It's a non-standard application. There's going to be a lot of work involved no matter how you look at it. As to why the OP wants to do it, I don't know he could have gotten the EVO Brembo's for free for all I know; I'm not questioning why he wants it done, I'm just giving suggestions as to how it could be done.

If you aren't willing to do any of that, a bolt-on kit from stoptech, rotora, or 04 STi takeoffs, etc. would be a better choice.

well...guys, because I happen to see some guy having a set of EVO brembo for sale @ ebay at a fairly decent price, that's why I made a post here to see if anyone know if this can work on our GT, for sure if it's gonna take all that extra hassle to get it done, I'm like...scr_w that!!

thanks for all your inputs

alan

• 6 months later...
well...guys, because I happen to see some guy having a set of EVO brembo for sale @ ebay at a fairly decent price, that's why I made a post here to see if anyone know if this can work on our GT, for sure if it's gonna take all that extra hassle to get it done, I'm like...scr_w that!!

thanks for all your inputs

alan

bottom line, you save some money on buying Evo brembos, but will you completely negate those savings buying all the other hardware needed to fit them onto the LGT?

Archived