LegacyGT.com

SOA 5MT Cruise Control Fix Incompatible with AP/TDC Reflash

Jon in CT

I've just realized this problem...setting cruise @ 80 MPH, shuts down randomly.

Any updates on a fix? I have a TDC Stg2 tune, w/ the AP V2...

Apparently, the car was already reflashed by the dealership w/ the updated cruise control fix.

I did run the code check and the neutral switch code has been tripped. Has anyone had any luck in the long term with a shorter gasket?

Also, from reading above, is is true that I'm not getting the full stage 2 power at the low end? That sux...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It doesn't matter what rom the dealer flashed. The APV2 will overwrite the rom.

So when you're talking about the 521 and 522 rom's sucking for tuning, are you talking about tuning with 'open' tuning tools other than the AP?

Also, from reading above, is is true that I'm not getting the full stage 2 power at the low end? That sux...

No, you should be getting the same power as the 05 equivalent tune because the Cobb rom is based on the non-WGDC time delay rom.

So when you're talking about the 521 and 522 rom's sucking for tuning, are you talking about tuning with 'open' tuning tools other than the AP?

Yes.

Cobb rom should be based on the older 510N rom without the WGDC time delay. merchgod modified my 522N rom so that it works just fine.

For the OBXT, it might be different ... 510R?

Cool, one less thing to worry about, thanks for clarifying...now how do I fix this damn cruise control!

1. Buy a tactrix cable.

2. Revert back to your factory "fixed" rom. The APV2 should have it stored in memory.

3. Check your factory rom id to make sure that it is the "fixed" rom.

4. Email factory "fixed" rom to merchgod and ask him to eliminate the WGDC time delay in it.

5. Contact Legend and ask him to borrow his stage 2 rom. His stage 2 rom is setup for high altitude. I helped him tune his car so I have a copy of one of his older versions which I can email to you as well. I don't know what he has done to it since I last spoke to him.

6. Copy tables from Legend's rom to your factory fixed-merchgod modified rom.

7. Reflash your ecu.

8. Datalog and post or email me your datalogs.

9. Tweak rom.

10. Reflash rom.

• 8 months later...

Bump this oldie...

I got this problem after going to a Cobb Street Tuner map (510n based). Fix was simple for me - I just disabled P0852 cel (and P0851 for a good measure) regarding the neutral switch and all is good. No CEL, cruise control works as intended, even disengages correctly when the shifter is moved into neutral (without clutch, as depressing clutch pedal itself disengages cruise control).

Bump this oldie...

I got this problem after going to a Cobb Street Tuner map (510n based). Fix was simple for me - I just disabled P0852 cel (and P0851 for a good measure) regarding the neutral switch and all is good. No CEL, cruise control works as intended, even disengages correctly when the shifter is moved into neutral (without clutch, as depressing clutch pedal itself disengages cruise control).

You are kidding right?????? You mean this simple fix was available all along and neither CoBB or anybody else figured it out!??????? Unclemat for President!!!!!!!:):)

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

No, I am not kidding. That's exactly what I did. I forgot reading about these issues... so when I saw the CEL after flashing Cobb map, I just killed it (with romraider/ecuflash) without thinking much. It works.

Then I read the whole drama here and indeed I am wondering why was it such a big deal? :confused:

EDIT: I drove the car only for maybe 7 minutes. I dunno if there are any downsides to killing that CEL, but I did not notice anything abnormal.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
No, I am not kidding. That's exactly what I did. I forgot reading about these issues... so when I saw the CEL after flashing Cobb map, I just killed it (with romraider/ecuflash) without thinking much. It works.

Then I read the whole drama here and indeed I am wondering why was it such a big deal? :confused:

EDIT: I drove the car only for maybe 7 minutes. I dunno if there are any downsides to killing that CEL, but I did not notice anything abnormal.

7 Minutes... Did this really really work for anyone?

Is this an issue so many years later ?

I mean I have the cruise control issue myself, any speed higher than 73ish- and it will disengage for no reason after only a few minutes. It is more of a bother than a real problem.

Is this an issue so many years later ?

I mean I have the cruise control issue myself, any speed higher than 73ish- and it will disengage for no reason after only a few minutes. It is more of a bother than a real problem.

Since I am stuck on 510N because of AccessPort I, it is for me.

Archived