LegacyGT.com

Goodbye lgt hello 2006 V70r

sorry, missed that.

Weight distribution is 55/45

Weight is roughly 3600lbs

I meant torque distritbution front/rear wheels. Is it 100% full-time AWD, or just "AWD on slip". LSD in rear?

It's FWD unless it detects slip. It reacts within 1/6 revolution. Stupid things to do, you can turn it into FWD only by pulling on the e-brake 1 click.

Evolve was trying to work with Haldex by changing the programming by routing most of the power to the rear wheels when you get on the throttle hard instead of waiting for slip to occur with the front wheels. They were able to do it, but nothing came of it.

It's FWD unless it detects slip. It reacts within 1/6 revolution. Stupid things to do, you can turn it into FWD only by pulling on the e-brake 1 click.

Meh.

Arnold,

Your Sexy Wagon of Doom will sorely be missed! :(

Understandable given your situation. But our Subaru meets won't be the same without your Wagon.

Hope to still see you around. Take care~

Thanks ken. I'll tell my buddy to stop by some of the meets w/it. I still get to see the car daily since he rents a room from me.:)

First stop on V70R.com, and:

I replaced the R with a '05 subaru legacy gt ltd, I got a stellar deal on it and it's a great car. Car handles great and is pretty quick, no turbo lag at all. Same motor as the STI, minus the larger turbo and connecting rods. Anyway, it's the wifes car and she loves it, not all that I would want in a car ie cabin space and seats but I do like it a lot.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y285/gktuning/DSCN1883.jpg

Wonder what it's like driving a 300 hp car with the drive system of a 2.5i? Might be one reason why they sell about 2,500 of them per year.....

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Bottomline, LGT and v70R they're both good wifey cars.:lol: Our lgt was for the wifey and the v70R is for the wifey. I'm stuck w/the stupid honda pilot and the s2k. Waiting on the next gen m3 for myself or maybe another m5.

First stop on V70R.com, and:

I replaced the R with a '05 subaru legacy gt ltd, I got a stellar deal on it and it's a great car. Car handles great and is pretty quick, no turbo lag at all. Same motor as the STI, minus the larger turbo and connecting rods. Anyway, it's the wifes car and she loves it, not all that I would want in a car ie cabin space and seats but I do like it a lot.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y285/gktuning/DSCN1883.jpg

Wonder what it's like driving a 300 hp car with the drive system of a 2.5i? Might be one reason why they sell about 2,500 of them per year.....

I was going to buy a V70R until I started hanging around the Swedespeed forum. What turned me off was the horrible turn circle and all the gremlins people were experiencing like the faulty fuel pump that was a special order item unlike the one used in the rest of the series. Just keep your fingers crossed.

Best bet is IPDusa. If I remember correctly they merged w/rallitek. Rallitek does a lot of sales here on this board.

Heico also has a softloader available now, as does BSR. Also Evolve uses powerchip software so it's not as bad as the rest of their products, but lacks a softloader.

I was going to buy a V70R until I started hanging around the Swedespeed forum. What turned me off was the horrible turn circle and all the gremlins people were experiencing like the faulty fuel pump that was a special order item unlike the one used in the rest of the series. Just keep your fingers crossed.
hahaha, I noticed the turning circle today. Turning circle sucks balls. We usually keep our cars for a max of 2 years, hopefully those two years will be problem free. Nothing like a Fomoco product for reliability.:lol:

Heico also has a softloader available now, as does BSR. Also Evolve uses powerchip software so it's not as bad as the rest of their products, but lacks a softloader.
Ya, I really like the idea of a softloader, just in case the car ends up being in the service bay one too many times.:icon_bigg

IIRC, the turning circle is actually worse than a Suburban. It was pretty entertaining to read about one guy who almost got stuck in one of those parking garages that has a circular path.

Have you gone and hit the Advance button 5 times?

IIRC, the turning circle is actually worse than a Suburban. It was pretty entertaining to read about one guy who almost got stuck in one of those parking garages that has a circular path.

Have you gone and hit the Advance button 5 times?

nah, haven't done that yet? what does that do?

Archived