LegacyGT.com

Goodbye lgt hello 2006 V70r

Well, the time was bound to come. We had our 4th child back in late sept. It was time for us to get another car w/a 3rd row seat ( we also have a pilot and an s2k). The lgt was unfortunately the odd man out. Sold the lgt for a tidy sum to a good friend. Car was sold for 29k w/all the mods. Honestly, I'm going to miss the car a lot. It was one of my favorite cars that I've owned. Evo would be first follwed closely by the s4 then the lgt. Legacy was actually ahead of the m5.

Legacy thoughts:

Legacy has been 100% problem free

Seats weren't the best but I still liked them

Car looked beautiful- got compliments on a daily basis

Brakes weren't that great but could easily be upgraded

I bought the legacy for 24,500 put about 10k of mods on it and sold it for 29k. Not bad resale IMO.

Purchased a v70R on Friday night. Interior is beautiful. Brakes are good (brembos stock) Power is good (300hp awd). I bought an 06 w/4year 50k. Hopefully it won't be in the shop too much.

Overall, I'm satisfied w/my purchase. I'll still miss the lgt though. It was a great car and if it had a 3rd row seat as an option I definitely would have kept it.

BTW, I'm definitely staying around here. I've met a great group of guys here and still plan to contribute when I can. Plus, I still have those adjustable lateral links that should be released really soon.

Purchased a v70R on Friday night.
My only experience with Volvos was a few drives in a turbo 850 wagon (several years older than the V70R) and I found it to be very truck-like compared to my LGT wagon, not to mention very rough riding. So... how does the V70R handle compared to your LGT?

sweet ride. I will never look back.

I hade the a plan and could have got an 06 for 37k but went for an 04 with27k for 27k and recieved a extra set of stork r wheels with snows

Good luck w/the car. Just to be safe though, try to get the vip warranty if you didn't buy a cpo. Always better to be safe than sorry.

My only experience with Volvos was a few drives in a turbo 850 wagon (several years older than the V70R) and I found it to be very truck-like compared to my LGT wagon, not to mention very rough riding. So... how does the V70R handle compared to your LGT?

Really haven't pushed the R. So far ride quality has been decent. Bodyroll seems to be noticeably less in the R vs. the lgt. Braking also is better in the R. Power delivery was much more laggy in the lgt but also way faster. Which is expected since I had the Deadbolt 20g on the lgt.

I got the car with a bumper to bumper through 10-30-09 and have 70k miles left as well.

I almost went for the new one. I just did not want to spend the extra 10k

The great thing about this car is that it needs no modding to take care of thigs like engine studder.

Congrats and post a few pics and I will as well.

Just wanted to get a few rises from the usuals on the other flame post.

I will make sure I keep it extra straight here.

I got the car with a bumper to bumper through 10-30-09 and have 70k miles left as well.

I almost went for the new one. I just did not want to spend the extra 10k

The great thing about this car is that it needs no modding to take care of thigs like engine studder.

Congrats and post a few pics and I will as well.

Just wanted to get a few rises from the usuals on the other flame post.

I will make sure I keep it extra straight here.

Ah, sounds like you're good to go then. CPO will keep your mind at ease for sure. I'll definitely go w/the softloader ecu upgrade when it comes out and a dp, exhaust. That should get the R to 300-320whp. That'll be plenty for the wifey. What color did you go with?

4boxparts- any help would be most appreciated in getting her up to speed.

I would love to reprogram the ecu and put on a new downpipe and exhaust. Just want to keep the noise down.

I will drive the wagon the wife has an 07 yucon

Disappointed you kept the pilot instead of the LGT - very very difficult to understand.

But, enjoy your Volvo - the only alternative these days to Subaru manual wagons (awd). Its a great car.

This should make it easy to understand. The pilot has a 3rd row seat. W/4kids a 3rd row seat is pretty much a neccesity.

4boxparts- any help would be most appreciated in getting her up to speed.

I would love to reprogram the ecu and put on a new downpipe and exhaust. Just want to keep the noise down.

I will drive the wagon the wife has an 07 yucon

Best bet is IPDusa. If I remember correctly they merged w/rallitek. Rallitek does a lot of sales here on this board.

thanks bro,

All I need if 4k and a good volvo guy and I am in.

I will have to go to the volvo forum and see some dyno charts.

I really like how quiet and solid this car is.

Could be the besy buy for a good all around family car with sports performance.

If you know any sites with dyno's let me know.

thanks bro,

All I need if 4k and a good volvo guy and I am in.

I will have to go to the volvo forum and see some dyno charts.

I really like how quiet and solid this car is.

Could be the besy buy for a good all around family car with sports performance.

If you know any sites with dyno's let me know.

Best bet is to search on swedespeed. There are a few dyno threads over there.

Archived